Help

On Friday the 13th of this month my terminal manger disqualified me as a driver. My contractor had informed me that morning that a complaint had came in on me. It said a customer said they saw me throw a package over their fince. I told my contractor that package was 75lbs and I did not throw it. After I came in from my route I was called in by the terminal manager and he told me he was disqualifying me as a driver due to that customers complain and many other he said I had. But I told him I am only aware of 3 complaints and asked him to show me the other. He did not have them and told me he could give them to my contractor at a later date.
I just really need help on what to do Thank you

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
On Friday the 13th of this month my terminal manger disqualified me as a driver. My contractor had informed me that morning that a complaint had came in on me. It said a customer said they saw me throw a package over their fince. I told my contractor that package was 75lbs and I did not throw it. After I came in from my route I was called in by the terminal manager and he told me he was disqualifying me as a driver due to that customers complain and many other he said I had. But I told him I am only aware of 3 complaints and asked him to show me the other. He did not have them and told me he could give them to my contractor at a later date.

You should find another job at a reputable company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Darryl,
You probably should not post your picture and/or location. You obviously work for a bad contractor if your story is truthful, which should be a clear signal to get out. If you want to fight it, get an attorney and have them write you a letter that outlines what you've said and that you have been wrongfully disqualified. I notice that you don't say "terminated", but please keep in mind that your TM is a FedEx employee...your contractor is not. So, your issue is also with the corporation.

Doc Sorting Dude

3 prior complaints..ha ha! It's like telling a judge "Don't take my license away, those last three speeding tickets are not an indication that I should not be allowed to drive.

No the complaint are not all the same 1 was when i first started and the other twotwo where months apart and yes I'm real and I will take my pic off thank you

DontThrowPackages

I don't understand :confused2:..... I was driving for fedex ground
So all it takes is to observe a ground driver delivering a package, remember the address he's at, and call saying he threw something? 3 anonymous calls and he'll be fired without investigation. That's a lot of power to give someone who's having a bad day and wants to crap on someone else.

So all it takes is to observe a ground driver delivering a package, remember the address he's at, and call saying he threw something? 3 anonymous calls and he'll be fired without investigation. That's a lot of power to give someone who's having a bad day and wants to crap on someone else.
I understand what you are say but it was just one person that called in and no there was no ininvestigation before I was disqualified as a driver. So if I may reword my question what can I do to fight this?

overflowed

If you didn't throw the package over the fence how did it get over the fence? I'm not ragging on you, just trying to understand the complaint of the customer. Did they say it's on video or anything? Or is this just your word against theirs? I have to say usually at Express they usually take the couriers side on this type of deal. If it's a big shipper then you can be in trouble for coughing funny.

STFXG

Fedex has nothing to do with your firing. If they disqualify you from driving under the operating agreement with your contractor then you still have a job, technically. Since you work for the contractor he can still use you for his business and not use you within the fedex system.

Also, there is nothing in the contract that says a driver will be disqualified for complaints. The company cannot dq you for complaints. They CAN terminate the agreement with your contractor. He likely got threatened for your complaints and got rid of you. I would have dumped you after the second (if within a reasonable time frame). 4 is ridiculous.

Fedex has nothing to do with your firing. If they disqualify you from driving under the operating agreement with your contractor then you still have a job, technically. Since you work for the contractor he can still use you for his business and not use you within the fedex system.

Also, there is nothing in the contract that says a driver will be disqualified for complaints. The company cannot dq you for complaints. They CAN terminate the agreement with your contractor. He likely got threatened for your complaints and got rid of you. I would have dumped you after the second (if within a reasonable time frame). 4 is ridiculous.

ok but like i said I'm trying to fight that i was dq and no there was no video or anything like that it's my word vs the customer all I'm looking for is help info things i can do. No I'm not a bad drive or worker i always went a did above and beyond what was expected of me. So please if anyone can give me some advice thank you if not thank you for trying

If you didn't throw the package over the fence how did it get over the fence? I'm not ragging on you, just trying to understand the complaint of the customer. Did they say it's on video or anything? Or is this just your word against theirs? I have to say usually at Express they usually take the couriers side on this type of deal. If it's a big shipper then you can be in trouble for coughing funny.
No there I

no there is no video it is my word vs the customer