Helpers In July???

UniteandWin

Hey Upstate joe sup, I need the company opinion on the matter, we will vote it down anyway, its local by local decision, have a good day joe sup

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

I don't need the company's opinion on the matter, they are ones going outside the contract. Study your safety questions joe sup, pop quiz on Monday

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Today is the 9th. Tuesday is the 12th. What do you expect to do between now and then that will change the company's mind? Keep in mind that wildcats are illegal.
Are you hiding behind that pesky contract?
...whereas ignorance tends to bring people such as yourself together...
Can't just let it ride? Wow. I had an older brother like you. We didn't have computers back then so insults were man to man. It's Saturday. Can't you lighten up?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would be curious to see what a "no" vote on a Saturday means to the company on a Tuesday.

They will use helpers as planned and there is nothing his local can do about it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I would be curious to see what a "no" vote on a Saturday means to the company on a Tuesday.

They will use helpers as planned and there is nothing his local can do about it.
The company can do it anyway, if they want, but his Local does have recourse.
The Union could grieve it across the board, costing the company thousand$.
That's something?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Close, but it's actually November through Friday of the second full week of January now (concession).

I think you know what I meant.

Still not paying for healthcare.... (company concession) :biggrin:

Yes unfortunately but Christmas in July...Bah, Humbug. UPS is asking for this allowance in certain centers where they are understaffed. Our local pointed out the problem of understaffing is easily repaired (and solely the responsibility of the employer) without the use of helpers. Hire more, lower dispatches and this blip will be inconsequential.

All locals were asked. Over hear, Sean O told them to pound sand and if they need help they need to hire new drivers.

There's that whole autonomy thing again.

Local's can refuse, or bargain over it.

Part time or 22.3 employees should never be permitted to perform full time driving duties outside of the seasonal or vacation replacement period, to any greater extent than already contractually viable.

With one caveat;

Using 22.3 air combo or part-time air drivers to perform the work....

Before using management. (which they will try)

That whole "exhausting all means" type of situation.

Keep in mind that wildcats are illegal.

Thanks for that update.

Really....

Absolutely.

Especially, when there are contractual provisions addressing the issue.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The Union could grieve it across the board, costing the company thousand$.

Just to expound on your observation a little further....

From the moment UPS signs a contract, they have little intention of honoring it.

They are constantly looking for ways to evade it.

UPS has a history of it.

Think about that....

Why else would this forum exist ?

(to discuss socks ?) :biggrin:

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just to expound on your observation a little further....

From the moment UPS signs a contract, they have little intention of honoring it.

They are constantly looking for ways to evade it.

UPS has a history of it.

Think about that....

Why else would this forum exist ?

(to discuss socks ?) :biggrin:

-Bug-
Lately, that's at best, half the issue?

~Bbbl~

image.png
...whereas ignorance tends to bring people such as yourself together...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We use a helper on a mall route during summer months. Union says that it is the free period and as long as PTers get 1st crack, they are fine with it.
Why would a helper be necessary on a mall route in the summer?
Sounds like we reside in similar "go along to get along" locals.
SMH

km3

Christmas in July is a bust!!

Mhm... A timeline:

2 weeks ago: (Sign posted where bid sheets normally go) We're looking for helpers for the week ending 7/16. We're anticipating a spike in volume...yada yada yada...

1 week ago: (My PT sup) Hey ya'll, they're still looking for helpers. I think they said they need at least 100. If you're interested, come talk to me later or sign the sheet out front.

Today: (HR on the phone) Yeah, the centers didn't run any helpers yesterday. And they only need 5 today. Thanks anyway.