Helpful hints

moreluck

golden ticket member
household hint : Cleaning some kitchen utensils such as cheese graters can not only be a pain in the (fill in the blank), but can also be dangerous to your poor knuckles should they get in the way while cleaning. Save yourself some trouble and keep a tootbrush in your kitchen drawer to clean it. Just scrub the grater using the toothbrush and your fingers will be safely on the handle! You can clean the toothbrush in the dishwasher after using it...

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't remember if I posted this before (you know, because I'm old).
Anytime you want to do something yourself, like a handy man job, just
go to You Tube and enter the activity.....for instance, How To Change the oil
in my car. There will be step by step help showing you exactly what to do.

How to change out a plug, etc.....you can find instructional videos on almost anything. (I said, 'almost anything')
Very helpful.

old levi's

blank space

How to change out a plug, etc.....you can find instructional videos on almost anything. (I said, 'almost anything')

Very helpful.

You did post this before but that's ok, I needed the reminder. I'm old too.:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Very helpful.
Hmmmm, instructional videos on almost anything. I might have to go check what, exactly, almost anything covers. :rofl:

moreluck

golden ticket member
household hint :

Did you know that dabbing honey on a cut or burn before bandaging it is more effective than antibiotic ointments? Honey has properties that reduce infection and speed healing. Honey can destroy almost 100% of the bacteria that cause wound infections, reduce pain, stimulate new cell growth and cut the risk of scarring. When choosing honey, choose one that is unpasteurized. Pastuerization destroys the anitbiotics and enzymes needed for wound healing...

(OMG ! I didn't include where I got this from. I stole it, so cuff me!!):happy2:

old levi's

blank space
To keep shoe laces tied all day long, tie as usual, then put a few drops of water directly on the knot.
Tighten the knot once more using the two lops of the bow. (This does not alter the fit of the shoe.)

moreluck

golden ticket member

household hint : When changing a vacuum bag, place some scented dried potpourri or a sprig of rosemary in the bag. When you vacuum, you will freshen the air with a nice scent...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Or you can buy scented tablets that you put in the bags. We have 2 Hunter Quiet Flo air purifiers. I use the scented tablets with the air purifiers as well.

old levi's

blank space
If you leave a del. notice at a 45 degree angle it becomes much more obvious. Stands out in contrast to the normal right angles of the house.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If you leave a del. notice at a 45 degree angle it becomes much more obvious. Stands out in contrast to the normal right angles of the house.
​I also leave them on glass if at all possible. 1 - They stick better. 2 - Not everyone uses the front door to enter the house but a lot of people look out the windows.