Helping other drivers

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Taking lunch at the end of the day is a contract violation.
You should be thrown out of the union for doing it.
You must take it between your 3rd and 6th hour.

Need to see the scripture on that one bud.

ARTICLE 18-MEAL PERIOD (FULL-TIME)

"Employees shall be entitled to and required to take an unpaid meal period between the third (3rd) and sixth (6th) hour of work."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

-Bug-

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What is a "bonus center"? How do I know if my center is a bonus center?
In a bonus center you get paid for your planned day if you run under, ie, if you go out with a 10 hour planned day and you finish in 9 hours you still get paid for 10. In this case you would get paid 8 hours straight time, 1 hour over time, and 1 hour of bonus. In some areas bonus is paid as straight time in others it is paid as overtime.

take your time

In a bonus center you get paid for your planned day if you run under, ie, if you go out with a 10 hour planned day and you finish in 9 hours you still get paid for 10. In this case you would get paid 8 hours straight time, 1 hour over time, and 1 hour of bonus. In some areas bonus is paid as straight time in others it is paid as overtime.

ah gotcha...thanks

542thruNthru

542thruNthru

I had a long day damn it, give me a break!

Peter-Griffin-Crying.gif

a911scanner

I’ve gotten help and I’ve received help before. I’d feel bad for being difficult about helping someone because I’ve gotten help when I’ve had 50 or so stops left at 5:30 before. I look at it as a pay it forward type thing.

50 stops left at 5:30 isn't that far from the norm around here, unless you're on the list.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Just go take 15, help your brother out, and take the extra hour hour and a half overtime. Go into "peak" mode aka take your sweet time. Get to the meet point early and take a nice break, organize outbound and send agains and to make it easier on local sort, make sure you bs with the guy you're taking stops off for a minimum of 5-10 mins. You know you're getting a gravy chunk of work, who cares? Bask in it

Jackofnotrades

Think about it.... Help your fellow driver out. If you finish early call management and ask if someone is running behind. It saves him from getting an ass chewing the next day. When you have a bad day, you would want the same from a driver.
After completing my route, am I required to help another driver if a supervisor asks?