Helping.....

Pkgcar1988

Just a little venting here.... After busting off 165 plus 20 pickups today, to try and make it to my sons BB game (he is a senior), was forced to go help another driver who only had 26 resi stops in town at 17:20. I was fine with that, believe me I know you can't make it to every sporting event, but I meet the guy and he gives me 17 of the 26 stops then beats me in. I told the on car sup. that was still there when I got in that I will no longer go to help this particular driver. He said " I don't know why you helped anyway as he only had 26 in town stops left anyway. What a bunch of crap. Oh well the boys got their butts kicked again anyway...

Just a little venting here.... After busting off 165 plus 20 pickups today, to try and make it to my sons BB game (he is a senior), was forced to go help another driver who only had 26 resi stops in town at 17:20. I was fine with that, believe me I know you can't make it to every sporting event, but I meet the guy and he gives me 17 of the 26 stops then beats me in. I told the on car sup. that was still there when I got in that I will no longer go to help this particular driver. He said " I don't know why you helped anyway as he only had 26 in town stops left anyway. What a bunch of crap. Oh well the boys got their butts kicked again anyway...
Use your 8hour requests

Pkgcar1988

If they didn't start text me at 15:00 to helped I may have tried all of those things but when they start that early in the day kind of hard to hide..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The on car needs to have a discussion with the milker and then you need to have your own private discussion. 26 in town residential stops should not require help.

9.5er

I don't mind helping anyone who NEEDS it. When I get the short end of the stick like you did this time. Some how next time they say they need help I just can't make it. Traffic becomes a problem or something.
Giving you 17 of the 26?? I would have had to say something to the driver at the meet. Next time tell them you can take 10 or 12 and that is it.
I met a driver yesterday and they had 2 pick ups and 7 del. stops left. I did the farthest pick up and hauled butt outta there.

Indecisi0n

You need to speak up if someone is trying to take advantage of you. If the driver had 26 there is no way I am taking 17. I would just out right refuse. One mistake you made was going to management and "downing" this driver. You never EVER go to management about another driver.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The on car needs to have a discussion with the milker and then you need to have your own private discussion. 26 in town residential stops should not require help.

I would never have a private discussion with another driver over this. It would never end well and I would only remark to supervisor that you will take his air in next time, that's it.

You need to speak up if someone is trying to take advantage of you. If the driver had 26 there is no way I am taking 17. I would just out right refuse. One mistake you made was going to management and "downing" this driver. You never EVER go to management about another driver.

He didn't go off on a tirade, he said he'll never help him again. Our center has gone more into grabbing air or at most pickups, than taking stops from drivers.

Pkgcar1988

When they first asked me to help I said I would talk it over with Orion and see what he thought,lol. Needless to say they didn't think it was funny. I also told them that Mr. Orion thought that it was going to add to many miles to my day, probably not a good idea.

Z

ZQXC

Rule of law: If I ever help someone who then returns to building before me, that is the "kiss of death".
Never again; don't ask, don't even think it.

Rule of law: If I ever help someone who then returns to building before me, that is the "kiss of death".
Never again; don't ask, don't even think it.
Unless they had someting going on after work. Sometimes a driver cant get an 8 hour day. But if that driver does that, because he is a slacker. I agree with you 100%

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If they didn't start text me at 15:00 to helped I may have tried all of those things but when they start that early in the day kind of hard to hide..
When you get a message to go help someone simply pop the battery out of the DIAD to restart it and the message will magically disappear.

south philly

Next time u tell them u cant help nobody that's it u learned the hard way and u should talk to the driver who gave u them stops

Sent using BrownCafe App