Helping.....

south philly

Im sorry you didn't like it im sure where you're from it's a beautiful place since youre such an educated guy who speaks perfectly

Sent using BrownCafe App

I usually have to help another driver out everyday.... At least PU there air or get some PU's for them... and maybe once a week I have to take stops from another driver...I have got a message on my way back to the building and when I got back they usually will make me go back out.... Which is insane I have got another 10-20 miles just taking 10 stops off another driver

south philly

Are you taking youre full lunch if not take it and if you don't mind getting done late make that money my building about half our center gets in after 8 everyday

Sent using BrownCafe App

On my route mgt lets me take 30 min lunch which I usually take... But most of the drivers at my center skip there lunch... The drivers that usually need help are just slow and take there good ole time... OH how nice this job would be if i could be off the clock by 5:00

south philly

Lets you? It's youre right to take an hour lunch everyday don't be intimated by them you take youre full hour they don't pay you for it so youre working a half hour for free slow down youre gonna burn out you have to last 25 years pace yourself don't be there puppet brother you get hurt they will turn on you in a heartbeat trust me

Sent using BrownCafe App

I put a 30 min lunch in my DIAD.... I rush to get done to be with my family.. It's a habit There are some days where I rush to get done and dont have to help anyone and am home by 5:30, its worth it

UPSGUY72

I put a 30 min lunch in my DIAD.... I rush to get done to be with my family.. It's a habit There are some days where I rush to get done and dont have to help anyone and am home by 5:30, its worth it

I totally understand some days depending on the route I'm covering I can bust it out and be home for 5:30 and that with a hour ride home and getting paid my guaranteed 8. But when I get a message that I need to help so and so later the busting out of the route is over the brake is applied and I make sure I take my full lunch and paid breaks and everyone of my stops are complete before I'm going to help anyone..

south philly

I hear you its very hard when you have a family to bust youre ass and try to get done to spend time with them its tough to juggle not like a 9 to 5 job that's why alot of us are divorced you do what you gotta do to be with youre family don't be a statistic like myself

Sent using BrownCafe App

C

chuchu

Did they ask for you to help or to take over his route? It sounds like you were asked to do the later. We definitely need people like you willing to step up across the organization, unless the other driver was brand new I can't understand how taking 17 out of 26 stops makes any sense. Also, if the message was sent before 1500 from the other driver, I question if they had not given up long before the end of the day.
Probably "gave up" when he printed his manifest.:)

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When I get help I give them my gravy and if they don't know the area, I'll set it upfor them.If they are helping it makes no sense to screw them.