Here they come again!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Love this time of year, a lot more hours and a little more work. The hot season has started to change, to a cooler less humid night. Peak is just around the corner, and guess what. Here come them seasonal worker threads that everyone love so much. Another two months of this to come, enjoy!

thatsmypackage

Well, this is what happens when the job market is the way it is... and millions of people try to land a job at a company that has overly complicated hiring methods. It's common practice in today's world to search forums for info on the subject. Most message boards have lousy search engines, which is why the same questions get asked over and over again.

J

jibbs

Love this time of year, a lot more hours and a little more work. The hot season has started to change, to a cooler less humid night. Peak is just around the corner, and guess what. Here come them seasonal worker threads that everyone love so much. Another two months of this to come, enjoy!

The threads don't bother me much. The lack of training for seasonal employees and the tendency of management just to throw 'em in the mix to see if they'll sink or swim pisses me off. I can handle the occasional new hire ****ing the belt up every now and then, but lately there's been new people nearly every day (and I don't mean a new guy loads a set of trucks for a week before they pull him, I mean every single day I'll likely be meeting someone new who's probably gonna make the shift stressful as hell).

It's never going to but I'd really like them to stop with that ****.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The threads don't bother me much. The lack of training for seasonal employees and the tendency of management just to throw 'em in the mix to see if they'll sink or swim pisses me off. I can handle the occasional new hire ****ing the belt up every now and then, but lately there's been new people nearly every day (and I don't mean a new guy loads a set of trucks for a week before they pull him, I mean every single day I'll likely be meeting someone new who's probably gonna make the shift stressful as hell).

It's never going to but I'd really like them to stop with that ****.
yes, i'm seeing two or three new hires every few days the last 2 weeks...fresh meat to screw things up. What I don't really understand is the guys who post on here about.....oh I applied 4 times last year and never got hired, why is it so hard to get a job at ups?? I can't relate to that, i applied, was interviewed, and started working less than a week later.

thatsmypackage

yes, i'm seeing two or three new hires every few days the last 2 weeks...fresh meat to screw things up. What I don't really understand is the guys who post on here about.....oh I applied 4 times last year and never got hired, why is it so hard to get a job at ups?? I can't relate to that, i applied, was interviewed, and started working less than a week later.

I get what your saying, but some locations put guys through the ringer and make the process complicated... My HR person is very vague and supervisors and managers avoid the topic all together or are so out of the loop, they don't know the answers. Back in the day getting a job was 1-2-3... now, not so much. IMO.

A

anonymous6

whatitah talkin about. I work 57-60 hrs a week 44 weeks a year.( vacations I work more than that , lol )

20131017_201658.jpgyou dont have one of these? Want one or two??.lmao
20131017_201658.jpg