Here's one for ya...

MAKAVELI

We're talking about executive compensation, not operating revenue.
It all figures into our compensation. If a company is making billions every year there is no excuse home frontline workers wages down. Honestly I could care less what executives make a long as I'm getting a fair share.

P

prodriver

Dezguy I don't know if a union is the answer or not, I'm a contractor so I know how a lot of express employees feel about us but I am fully aware of who built the company. I would like to see you guys compensated the way y'all need to be.

dezguy

Dezguy I don't know if a union is the answer or not, I'm a contractor so I know how a lot of express employees feel about us but I am fully aware of who built the company. I would like to see you guys compensated the way y'all need to be.

I have no ill will towards Ground drivers. We're all in the same boat really. Frontline Express employees are seen as a revenue stream and Ground employees are severely underpaid for a job that is pretty much the same as Express and UPS.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
For what Smith and his henchmen do, they are severely over-compensated. Fred is a billionaire, and his pay should have everything to do with frontline pay, especially seeing how screwed-up he has the opco. people...

OK. Go to the next shareholders' meeting and I'm sure they'll agree.

59 Dano

Really? Are you ok with the people running this company making millions of dollars a year, meanwhile it takes frontline workers two decades to reach top wage, if they make it that long?

I don't like the time it takes to top out. I think it sucks.

However I don't give a fart about the CEO's pay. It's none of my business. Even if he worked for free and his pay was distributed to everyone else, it wouldn't make a difference in anyone's pay.

59 Dano

peak of the recession, a lot of us got a $.15 raise. It was a slap in the face. When I worked fast food in highschool and university, I never saw a raise that low. It wasn't until months later that we all found out our manager and DM both received their regular raises along with bonuses that year in addition to the brain trust in Memphis rewarding themselves with generous bonuses.

That's what you get for listening to gossip. Did you know that managers took a pay cut in late 2008? They still haven't gotten back what they lost. I'm not saying you should feel sorry for them. You shouldn't.

But they took a pay cut. You didn't. You are making more now than you were then. They aren't.

MAKAVELI

I don't like the time it takes to top out. I think it sucks.

However I don't give a fart about the CEO's pay. It's none of my business. Even if he worked for free and his pay was distributed to everyone else, it wouldn't make a difference in anyone's pay.
What about the $billions in profit every year? That's not enough to give us a wage progression?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have no ill will towards Ground drivers. We're all in the same boat really. Frontline Express employees are seen as a revenue stream and Ground employees are severely underpaid for a job that is pretty much the same as Express and UPS.

While you may be on the same boat the Ground guys are stuck on the poop deck (for now).

dezguy

That's what you get for listening to gossip. Did you know that managers took a pay cut in late 2008? They still haven't gotten back what they lost. I'm not saying you should feel sorry for them. You shouldn't.

But they took a pay cut. You didn't. You are making more now than you were then. They aren't.

They may have taken a cut in the US but they didn't in Canada.

dezguy

While you may be on the same boat the Ground guys are stuck on the poop deck (for now).

Ground drivers will always be stuck on the proverbial poop deck so long as FedEx is allowed to use ISP's. Most isp's would rather pay their guys minimum wage and pocket the rest than pay fair market rate.

P

prodriver

Not all states require all contractors to be ISP at least not yet anyway, as far as being stuck I don't feel that way it didn't take me very long to top out. The contractor model isn't for everyone it fits for me I'm OK with making good money with no benefits thankfully we have benefits through my wife's job. That being said I'm no migrant worker who just does this for extra money.

White Line

Not all states require all contractors to be ISP at least not yet anyway, as far as being stuck I don't feel that way it didn't take me very long to top out. The contractor model isn't for everyone it fits for me I'm OK with making good money with no benefits thankfully we have benefits through my wife's job. That being said I'm no migrant worker who just does this for extra money.
Is there any word on wether ISP will go nationwide and if it will pertain to linehaul also, we are still signing the operating agreement every year where I am at.

P

prodriver

Is there any word on wether ISP will go nationwide and if it will pertain to linehaul also, we are still signing the operating agreement every year where I am at.

As of now its still state to state every contractor being incorporated seemed to slow ISP down some, best of my knowledge line haul was excluded and could still operate one van/truck.

STFXG

ISP isn't going national. They are working the parts of ISP they like in to the IC model (heavy safety bonuses, pushing for multi route) and not taking the parts that aren't working (negotiating, stop thresholds).

Sent using BrownCafe App