Here's one for ya...

White Line

As of now its still state to state every contractor being incorporated seemed to slow ISP down some, best of my knowledge line haul was excluded and could still operate one van/truck.
Ok well management here never really never says anything when asked about it, we usually just get shrugged shoulders when we ask them about the subject, and yeah that's what we have seen, I believe in California there was a shake up a couple years ago where the single P&D truck routes were done away with, rumor was that they were given $35000 to get out or go multi truck to stay on, as far as we could tell though they left single truck linehaul contractors alone, and yes the incorporation, I believe that was around the same time, I had already been Inc. so it was no big deal, but the way it was presented, it was either incorporate or no operating agreement period end of story, and basically they only wanted C or S corp, they said they wouldn't allow LLCs or other types to sign a agreement.

White Line

ISP isn't going national. They are working the parts of ISP they like in to the IC model (heavy safety bonuses, pushing for multi route) and not taking the parts that aren't working (negotiating, stop thresholds).

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ah, yeah see that was other thing we were wondering negotiating, I remember when the memos about ISP first got out there, how and if they were going to apply to linehaul, the way it was written it sounded like a postal contract where contractors would bid against each other based on who came in lowest in cost and their over all business plan, as you probably know we bid our runs on a tractor point system, however after reading the ISP model, we wondered if that was going to be the possible future way of doing business.

P

prodriver

Ah, yeah see that was other thing we were wondering negotiating, I remember when the memos about ISP first got out there, how and if they were going to apply to linehaul, the way it was written it sounded like a postal contract where contractors would bid against each other based on who came in lowest in cost and their over all business plan, as you probably know we bid our runs on a tractor point system, however after reading the ISP model, we wondered if that was going to be the possible future way of doing business.
Oh yes the bidding on routes rumors I do believe that had all of us on edge
for a quick minute, I think Cali was the first to go ISP.