Hey Cheryl...

DS

Fenderbender
I kinda like it the way it is...who wants spell check to make someone sound like a genius when they cant spell disorientated,
besides, articulation is best served home grown.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't think spelling is such a big deal as long as you still understand what the point is. Sometimes I'll pull up an online dictionary if I can't remember how to spell a word and sometimes I just don't feel like going through the trouble because 99.99% of the time everyone will still know what it means anyway. I'm sure many of the words that aren't correct are typos and not spelling errors. If people are going to go off about spelling then maybe they should go off about grammar also. I'm guilty of screwing up both but I'm not going to get all stressed about it unless my posts are jacked up to the point of being unreadable. In my 10+ years of surfing internet boards I've noticed that when people complain about spelling it's usually because they are arguing and things aren't going their way. It's like in elementary school. Kids will resort to name calling and making comments like "Oh yeah....Well, my dad can beat up your dad!" Most of us are just blue-collar high school graduates so don't expect perfect spelling and perfect grammar everytime. :) I did very well with both in high school and 2 years of college but now I'm just aiming to be understood. However, there are some words that should never be screwed up. I agree that "Steward" is one of them. It's just a little annoying. :lol:

W

wonderboy

what's annoying to me are those who
feel the need to enlarge their fonts and
print in bold letters to seem more
authoritative than everybody else
(at least in their own minds)

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
If you're using Windows you can hit 'ctrl+N' and use dictionary.com in your new window. Most people don't care though.

Megansman

What if your shop stewart is named stuart? Or what if he's related to the dude that arranged the purchase of Alaska? That last one is kinda arcane for us high school graduate truck driver/glorified delivery boy types

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Hey Cheryl
I think they need a cut n corner person in "To all UPS employees concerned about their Pension & Benefits" he he he !! That subject has really got the ball rolling wouldn`t ya say ? Nothing like cheap entertainment sorta like a Jerry Springer show .

Leftinbuilding

Next time, in promulgating your esoteric cogitations, or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable, philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your conversational communications possess a clarified conciseness, a compacted comprehensibleness, coalescent consistency, and a concatenated cogency. Eschew all conglomerations of flatulent garrulity, jejune babblement, and asinine affectations.

Let your extemporaneous descantings and unpremeditated expatiations have intelligibility and veracious vivacity, without rodomontade or thrasonical bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pompous prolixity, psittaceous vacuity ventriloquial verbosity, and vaniloquent vapidity. Shun double-entendres, prurient jocosity, and pestiferous profanity, obscurant or apparent!!

Thank you

DS

Fenderbender
Ok this is from memory...this guy I knew was a poet...
twinkle twinkle little star....

scintilallate , scintillallate ,constellation vivific
fave do I ponder thy nature specific
towering high in the ethacapacious
strongly resembling a gem carbonatious

thats all I remember

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Scintillate, Scintillate, Globule Vivific

Scintillate, scintillate, globule vivific!
In vain do I ponder thy nature specific--
Precariously poised in the ether capacious,
Closely resembling a gem carbonaceous;
Scintillate, scintillate, globule vivific,
In vain do I ponder thy nature specific!