Hey Cheryl??

Oldfart

Let me change that---the money should go to the pre-2008 retirees who got the royal shaft
That can't be true. Reading on here from all the crybaby Fedex employees. UPS drivers are treated like royalty and Fedex treats their drivers like dogs. You must be mistaken.

SmithBarney

I think all FedEx posters should be charged a buck a post and that money should go into the retired UPS driver fund to make up for our cut pensions.
Wait you have a pension... how nice. after 15 years my pension is worth roughly 75% of what I earn in a single year... thank goodness I'll be able to live high on the hog..

Oldfart

Wait you have a pension... how nice. after 15 years my pension is worth roughly 75% of what I earn in a single year... thank goodness I'll be able to live high on the hog..
What's the matter. too cheap to invest in the 401k and get a 55% return on your money the day you deposit it?

SmithBarney

What's the matter. too cheap to invest in the 401k and get a 55% return on your money the day you deposit it?

Had to "un"ignore you for a minute feeling you'd say something "smart"
Oh I take full advantage of my investments of 401K, made a ton in 08 due to great choices(until FDX changed options and most suck these days)

However FDX should NOT call their pension a PENSION... it's more like a parting gift, retirement gift if you will, because unless you were fully vested with 20+years before they switched from Tradition to Portable... the "Pension" is nothing like a Pension at all.

Oh BTW you're back on ignore, don't waste your time.. ;)

It will be fine

Oh I take full advantage of my investments of 401K, made a ton in 08 due to great choices(until FDX changed options and most suck these days)

However FDX should NOT call their pension a PENSION... it's more like a parting gift, retirement gift if you will, because unless you were fully vested with 20+years before they switched from Tradition to Portable... the "Pension" is nothing like a Pension at all.

I'll assume you're talking to the old man. I've never been able to leave someone on ignore before, I enjoy a good argument. I put him on ignore and it is so much better and I don't miss his posts at all. So much negativity.

Pensions are all but gone in the private sector. Honestly I'm surprised public sector unions are still bargaining for them. States piss away the money that are supposed to fund them. I'll take my money up front please.

Oldfart

Once again a ignorant post by someone who knows nothing.The Vanguard options offered in our 401K are excellent. Primecap, windsor , wellington etc are all great funds to be involved in. Many have had close to 20% return lately over the last couple of years.

BTW. You are a maroon. Open up a financial website and research these funds.

bbsam

Staff member
Once again a ignorant post by someone who knows nothing.The Vanguard options offered in our 401K are excellent. Primecap, windsor , wellington etc are all great funds to be involved in. Many have had close to 20% return lately over the last couple of years.

BTW. You are a maroon. Open up a financial website and research these funds.
20% over the past couple years? I call BS. Post the ROI graph please.

Oldfart

VPMCX Vanguard PRIMECAP Inv Fund VPMCX Quote Price News

15% in 2012
39% 2013
18% 2014
2.58 2015
10.63 2016
20.72 YTD
Since math doesn't seem to be your strong point I will do the math.

That equals OVER 21% average return over the last 5 years. Not bad for a fund that maroon said sucked.

This place is full of idiots who don't know how to research a mutual fund. No wonder people complain about being broke. They must think putting their money in a CD is a way to gain wealth.

Guess you will call Morningstar a biased news source.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member

15% in 2012
39% 2013
18% 2014
2.58 2015
10.63 2016
20.72 YTD

That equals OVER 21% average return over the last 5 years. Not bad for a fund that maroon said sucked.

This place is full of idiots who don't know how to research a mutual fund. No wonder people complain about being broke. They must think putting their money in a CD is a way to gain wealth.

No. I'm surprised it had such a good return.

Why in such a crappy mood? The numbers are on your side. Don't be a d*.

bbsam

Staff member

15% in 2012
39% 2013
18% 2014
2.58 2015
10.63 2016
20.72 YTD

Btw, Obama was good for that fund!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Is there any forums out on the web for politics? I thought this was the home for UPS and it's competitors to discuss issues related to the industry. The FedEx area has become a :censored2:-hole for inane politics.
Help! I'm being underwhelmed by the relevant posts by Nolimitz and others who wish to discuss purely industry-related topics.:didimiss:

BTW- forums is plural. It's Are, not Is.

bbsam

Staff member
Help! I'm being underwhelmed by the relevant posts by Nolimitz and others who wish to discuss purely industry-related topics.:didimiss:

BTW- forums is plural. It's Are, not Is.
The forums he is describing have been moved to the "current events" forum where anything goes as far as wild speculation, conjecture, and hearsay go. That nobody notices is just commentary on how little it really mattered. Look to the "Fedex Forums" for what remain Fedex topics.

Maui

15% in 2012
39% 2013
18% 2014
2.58 2015
10.63 2016
20.72 YTD

It’s actually a little better than that fund as it’s the Admiral class with lower fees.