Hey Disney

over9five

Staff member
You know that building they built out front? They put up plywood dogs in the grass all around it. It's really weird. UPS owns the property, can't understand the plywood dogs.
I'll look at the front of the building tomorrow. Maybe it's called Dog-something, I don't know!

tups

Whats with the plywood dogs outside the building?? Is that the lamest thing you ever saw?
Could be they are meant to keep birds off the lawn. Here in the northeast, I have a college campus that buys archery targets that look like real coyotes, they buy 2-3 dozen of these things every year. Some get used for target practice, and the rest I see placed all over the campus near the athletic fields and they are there to keep geese off the grass. There is also a golf course that uses them on the fairways for the same reason.

browniehound

Yeah, Over, I'm sure they are there to keep the Canada Geese from crapping all over the lawn. They put coyote statues on the field of the North Shore Spirit, here in Lynn, to keep the Canada Geese off the field when they are not playing,

over9five

Staff member
BH and Tups are correct. The dogs are actually coyotes meant to keep the Canada Geese away. On my way in today, there was a goose settin 5 feet from one "coyote".

Awesome idea. Was that really supposed to fool the geese?

disneyworld

Yeah, Over, I'm sure they are there to keep the Canada Geese from crapping all over the lawn. They put coyote statues on the field of the North Shore Spirit, here in Lynn, to keep the Canada Geese off the field when they are not playing,
How's that Manning Bowl looking these days?

browniehound

How's that Manning Bowl looking these days?

HAH, Disney. When was the las time you visited? I don't know about the Manning Bowl, but Frasier field is now officially called the "New Frasier Field". So I'm assuming the Manning Bowl has been renovated also. So this subject begs the question: If you know about the Manning Bowl, which Massachusetts town are you origonally from?

I played for Melrose Pop Warner in the Manning Bowl back in the mid- 80's against East Lynn and we got our asses handed to us.:crying: