High Dosage Marijuana Causing Psychosis

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Key word … “smoked”
many options available besides “ smoking” it
✊🧔‍♂️
Twenty five percent of the people in the study did use other methods.

...endocannabinoid receptors — the part of cells responsible for recognizing tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis — are widespread in the body’s cardiovascular tissues and might facilitate heart risks.

Wally

I don’t think the argument around it is that puffing down a joint every day is good for you, some people definitely make that argument but I disagree. Medicinal purposes maybe, but side effects should be weighed vs actual tried and true medicines.

I think the argument is mostly surrounding the black market and the cost of fighting drugs vs treating drug addiction, regulating drug use and taxes. Drug cartels are kind of a big problem with this country and inner cities.
The black market stuff is lower cost.

Thebrownblob

Epoch Times. Far right rag. They wouldn't back legalization of Cannabis if it cured cancer.

Haven't been enough in depth studies into Cannabis because of the Federal prohibition to form an accurate analysis.
Agreed not enough studies but I believe we will find out more as we go along but I don’t think NBC is a far right rag is it?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Agreed not enough studies but I believe we will find out more as we go along but I don’t think NBC is a far right rag is it?
Again, not enough studies into the effects of cannabis. I'll hold my judgement.

Maybe those 435,000 Americans also used alcohol, had a :censored2:ty diet, didn't exercise enough, etc.

Thebrownblob

Maybe those 435,000 Americans also used alcohol, had a :censored2:ty diet, didn't exercise enough, etc.
No argument from me there, most people have a problem with moderation of any kind. Alcohol, or any other substance..

Wally

They planned for those things.

This study was adjusted for the participants' use of tobacco and other characteristics, including their age, sex, race, body mass index or BMI, obesity, diabetes, physical activity levels, and socioeconomic status.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He’s too stoned to care.

El Correcto

god is dead
The black market stuff is lower cost.
Doesn’t matter, legal stuff drives down prices. From what I’ve seen of legal weed prices and with inflation people are paying far less than what you would of paid for black market prices around here.

Drugs are not that expensive to produce, the prices come from the price of risk involved mostly. Legal people are not facing those risks so even with the taxes it’s about break even and competitive with old black market prices. They are strangling profits from drug dealers, whether the drug dealers will admit it or not. It places a ceiling on what their risk is worth and that’s a powerful tool for combating the black market and people going into it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Doesn’t matter, legal stuff drives down prices. From what I’ve seen of legal weed prices and with inflation people are paying far less than what you would of paid for black market prices around here.

Drugs are not that expensive to produce, the prices come from the price of risk involved mostly. Legal people are not facing those risks so even with the taxes it’s about break even and competitive with old black market prices. They are strangling profits from drug dealers, whether the drug dealers will admit it or not. It places a ceiling on what their risk is worth and that’s a powerful tool for combating the black market and people going into it.
Not so in Missouri they only let a few grow licenses ( to there rich buddies) they can’t meet demand so the price is higher than street weed

vantexan

Not enough studies? Plenty of studies. Exhaustive studies. "60 Minutes" did a segment on what studies were showing about 5 years or so ago. Today's pot is much more powerful than in the '70's. Was pointed out that brains aren't fully developed until 25-27 years old depending on the person. That today's pot is preventing full brain development in young adults who regularly use it. You don't have to be religious, conservative, or anything else you're against to see a serious problem happening. Unless your brain has already been damaged by smoking/ingesting marijuana.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Not enough studies? Plenty of studies. Exhaustive studies. "60 Minutes" did a segment on what studies were showing about 5 years or so ago. Today's pot is much more powerful than in the '70's. Was pointed out that brains aren't fully developed until 25-27 years old depending on the person. That today's pot is preventing full brain development in young adults who regularly use it. You don't have to be religious, conservative, or anything else you're against to see a serious problem happening. Unless your brain has already been damaged by smoking/ingesting marijuana.
I think it’s a safe bet that damage has been done.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Someone with chronic heart disease & diabetes that eats fast food shouldn't throw stones.
The major universities and research centers will not do exhaustive studies as long as cannabis is federally illegal. They can't get the funding.
Willie Nelson throws all your studies in the trash. Smoked it for years and is healthy as a horse.
Besides, why should it concern you what someone else wants to put into their bodies? Cigarettes and alcohol are legal and cause serious health conditions.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_7334.gif

Thebrownblob

Someone with chronic heart disease & diabetes that eats fast food shouldn't throw stones.
The major universities and research centers will not do exhaustive studies as long as cannabis is federally illegal. They can't get the funding.
Willie Nelson throws all your studies in the trash. Smoked it for years and is healthy as a horse.
Besides, why should it concern you what someone else wants to put into their bodies? Cigarettes and alcohol are legal and cause serious health conditions.
I agree, legalize it. Doesn’t bother me a bit. They can legalize every drug and it wouldn’t bother me. But then again, maybe I’m the exception of that for most. The governments war on drugs is about as phony as a three dollar bill. They only want to go to war with it until they can make money on it.