High volume

542thruNthru

@542thruNthru you want to quote the part of the contract where it says fair days work for a fair days pay?

A drivers age and physical condition will
Be taken into account.

Just because they aren’t running around doing as many stops as you doesn’t mean they aren’t doing the job just fine and to the best of their abilities.

Why?

He's a sup.

iowa boy

Never use GPS it makes you weak and dependant and you don't build area knowledge. Go ahead and use an internet map to plan your path, but then drive it from your memory.

I'm old enough school that I learned with plat books, and if I'm covering a route I haven't done for a while, plat books are my friend. The truck I'm in this week has no cradle so I am relying on area knowledge and a set of plat books if I forget where a road is. This is how I keep this old mind fresh.

MattM

The stress is real. We could handle and prepare for the two weeks before Christmas. But this is a new chapter. I'm probably getting 5 extra hours now, but is that extra time worth this extra effort? This job used to be a piece of cake lol

$80 extra bucks for twice as much work? Yeah. It's causing stress all around. Believe it or not, some buildings did use to rub smoothly and peacefully and people enjoyed their jobs. The tipping point is right around the corner for our guys.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm old enough school that I learned with plat books, and if I'm covering a route I haven't done for a while, plat books are my friend. The truck I'm in this week has no cradle so I am relying on area knowledge and a set of plat books if I forget where a road is. This is how I keep this old mind fresh.
Love me a county on a grid system

KoennenTiger

I dunno cradle? Is that this new morion gps thing?

UPSER1987

@542thruNthru you want to quote the part of the contract where it says fair days work for a fair days pay?

A drivers age and physical condition will
Be taken into account.

Just because they aren’t running around doing as many stops as you doesn’t mean they aren’t doing the job just fine and to the best of their abilities.

Old school drivers get it done. Talking about all these young fat boys

KoennenTiger

The stress is real. We could handle and prepare for the two weeks before Christmas. But this is a new chapter. I'm probably getting 5 extra hours now, but is that extra time worth this extra effort? This job used to be a piece of cake lol

$80 extra bucks for twice as much work? Yeah. It's causing stress all around. Believe it or not, some buildings did use to rub smoothly and peacefully and people enjoyed their jobs. The tipping point is right around the corner for our guys.

5 extra hours is like $300 extra.

Twice as much work?

Part timer?

The Driver

I drive.

It really is. I’m stressed out by definition. Can’t unwind. People here will say to just slow down or toughen up. I am going as slow as I can while getting the job done. My mind is starting to fray and I can see how some guys just don’t make it here long term. I need a hug, not ashamed to admit it.

davidix

It gave me an opportunity to have a stay at home wife and not having my kids in daycare

You can't put a price tag on that

You made that family it's your responsibility to take care of them.

That is a big benefit. Without this job my wife and i would both be working and our kids would live in daycare.

As it stands now my life and relationship outside of work is suffering but my kids and wife are living well.

That's worth it for me.