High volume

Three weeks ago, we had one come over from Fedex. This individual proceeded to work 9 full days and part of the 10th and called the boss and say I can't handle this and I am quitting. When asked why, it was too much work and this person couldn't handle the stress compared to Fedex.
I believe that. I've seen too many drivers in the last 5 years or so just walk out. Some was even at top rate.

I think that's why the progression was raised, not because of the union bit the ability to retain drivers.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Today was decent. Calm before the storm?

If they pushed preload start times back to 3AM on a normal week it would be heaven on earth, comparatively

iowa boy

I believe that. I've seen too many drivers in the last 5 years or so just walk out. Some was even at top rate.

I think that's why the progression was raised, not because of the union bit the ability to retain drivers.

Maybe I'm just old and seasoned, but I don't understand why this job is so stressful to young people. Get in truck, use GPS and drive to next stop, grab 60# box and deliver. Rinse and repeat.

KoennenTiger

Maybe I'm just old and seasoned, but I don't understand why this job is so stressful to young people. Get in truck, use GPS and drive to next stop, grab 60# box and deliver. Rinse and repeat.

Never use GPS it makes you weak and dependant and you don't build area knowledge. Go ahead and use an internet map to plan your path, but then drive it from your memory.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Who cares? They don’t want me to have area knowledge anymore. They want me to be a robot

Agreed. The routes are so convoluted every day that learning any sort of area knowledge/routine is becoming pointless. 65 miles one day, 125 next on the "same" route. It looks like a 4-year old went ape:censored2: on the Orion screen with a green crayon. I've never seen routes that look so disjointed, then they wonder why everyone is coming in 1.5+ hours over.

KoennenTiger

Agreed. The routes are so convoluted every day that learning any sort of area knowledge/routine is becoming pointless. 65 miles one day, 125 next on the "same" route. It looks like a 4-year old went ape:censored2: on the Orion screen with a green crayon. I've never seen routes that look so disjointed, then they wonder why everyone is coming in 1.5+ hours over.

Nah learn all kinds of area knowledge. They think they can replace us with morion but morion stands no chance against a well seasoned driver with good area knowledge.

Yeah they are messing up our routes especially Mondays. But so what? I can still just look at the addresses, plan my own route in my head, and maroon orion stands no chance.

If I feel like giving the center a big FU I'll run morion. If I want some OT and extra miles I'll run morion. If I want a smooth day where I'm barely giving it any thought? Area knowledge.

Heck I can run my route in my sleep. Sometimes I just auto to my next stop, go to find the packages and can't find em, check EDD, oh no packages for this stop today?!

Sorry guys nothing for you today.

I ran morion last week on a very light day just for laughs and giggles. I ended what would have been a 7 hour (8 hour guarantee) day with 8.5 hours. What is my normal 32 mile day with 49 miles.

Morion will never beat a smart driver with area knowledge. UPS corporate drank their own Kool aid

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Drove right by an air saver for a business at 11 yesterday. Had me pull from 10 miles away at 2:30 pm so I could get it off on time.

Literally zero :censored2:s given anymore.