Hilarious

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
The same date and time that someone is pro Chinese slave labor for linking Apple News.

I didnt say you were pro slave labor. I said you were directly supporting by linking to apple news. Because you are.

If its weighing on your conscious then dont link apples slave labor narrative.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
@MyTripisCut

Since you're accusing me of being a right winger in a thread about sidney powell.

Can anyone explain to me why sidney Powell only went after dominion and not smartmatic? Smartmatic was developed by hugo Chavez's buddies and has a history of allegedly being used to sway elections.

Could it be that smartmatic was introduced to the u.s. in 2016 by Utah Republicans? 🤡🍿

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Notice how the link starts with "Opinion". This is what newspapers used to do to separate out their actual news stories from their garbage opinion pieces. It helped protect them from libel suits. That's why journalism standards are important.

Once the internet hit, and every Russian or Chinese bot could write, post and have Google promote their poorly written articles to drive traffic for ad revenue, all bets were off. Major news outlets started following the business model, figuring the internet made them libel proof, I guess, so all standards were jettisoned.

The CCP took notice, and made deals with Google in order to allow them to operate in China, and allow the CCP to shape western thought through manipulated search results. That's how we got to where we are today. It seems as though, now that people realize they can sue for libel, standards are maybe starting to creep back in.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Notice how the link starts with "Opinion". This is what newspapers used to do to separate out their actual news stories from their garbage opinion pieces. It helped protect them from libel suits. That's why journalism standards are important.

Once the internet hit, and every Russian or Chinese bot could write, post and have Google promote their poorly written articles to drive traffic for ad revenue, all bets were off. Major news outlets started following the business model, figuring the internet made them libel proof, I guess, so all standards were jettisoned.

The CCP took notice, and made deals with Google in order to allow them to operate in China, and allow the CCP to shape western thought through manipulated search results. That's how we got to where we are today. It seems as though, now that people realize they can sue for libel, standards are maybe starting to creep back in.
Dude, you literally can’t trust anything you read.
There is no such thing as journalistic standards in 2021 USA.
I went to school for journalism. Wrote at my college newspaper, interned at a local newspaper. This was in the mid 2000’s, right as the internet was taking over the industry.
I learned all the important stuff. Journalistic integrity. Not using a source until you have confirmed it’s legitimacy. Not getting sued for libel. Not EVER, under any circumstances, asserting YOUR opinion in any way shape or form....unless the article is specifically marked as a column, or opinion piece.
So there used to be this natural divide, between news articles, and opinion pieces.
As FoxNews and CNN blew up TV ratings, there came a forceful shift in journalistic output. Opinion pieces SELL. Passion SELLS.
Throw in some cultural turmoil; 9/11, Iraq 2, the recession, etc
And all hell broke loose. We’ve lost complete control.
Journalism is dying a slow, painful death, and there’s no reversing the disease. We are a sensationalist country in sensationalist times.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Did it ever occur to you that your point of view and news sources could be skewed by the same drivel??? Your self righteousness is nauseating. But I do believe you to be a good Teamster and when you apply your mind to that body of work it is good for everyone.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The water is warm. Hop on in pal.
Honk Honk
1615484428826.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I went to school for journalism. Wrote at my college newspaper, interned at a local newspaper. This was in the mid 2000’s, right as the internet was taking over the industry.
I learned all the important stuff. Journalistic integrity. Not using a source until you have confirmed it’s legitimacy. Not getting sued for libel. Not EVER, under any circumstances, asserting YOUR opinion in any way shape or form....unless the article is specifically marked as a column, or opinion piece.
So there used to be this natural divide, between news articles, and opinion pieces.
As FoxNews and CNN blew up TV ratings, there came a forceful shift in journalistic output. Opinion pieces SELL. Passion SELLS.
Journalism is dying a slow, painful death, and there’s no reversing the disease. We are a sensationalist country in sensationalist times.
Ya we had a good run the for a while I guess, but historically we're just going back to the way news used to be. Newspapers in our country's early years were just as biased as they are now.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Obviously fake news from China. In my opinion, that’s not a shrimp tail. It was a toe nail from former President Trump that he planted at General Mills to mind control all of America.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Did it ever occur to you that your point of view and news sources could be skewed by the same drivel??? Your self righteousness is nauseating. But I do believe you to be a good Teamster and when you apply your mind to that body of work it is good for everyone.

How am I self-righteous? In this case I am simply pointing out things most people aren't aware of. If you feel I am talking down to you, or are being holier than thou, that's a "you" issue. I pretty much stop reading or listening to any source when they exhibit the same signs of being deceptive. When looking for information, I favor sources that stick to what happened and report it in a verifiable manner, not with interpretations of what happened. Of course I have a bias, everyone does, but everyone has a duty to be responsible consumers of information.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I understand all that, I simply pointed out the fact that the posted article was labeled "opinion", and I feel that is a step in the right direction. One of the first problems I noticed with online "news" when it was becoming a thing, was that articles were not being labeled news or opinion.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
My big brother says we haven't had real news reporting since the 50s. I think he's right.

Both sides are propaganda machines to get us to fight each other. We could conquer them if we united under Jesus Christ.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
We would be amazed at how much we all have in common if we just turned it off.

All we do is argue about stories that none of us have anything to do with and all we know is what a tv told us.
It's amazing what simply not paying attention to any news articles for a few days does for me.

SLW

It's amazing what simply not paying attention to any news articles for a few days does for me.
Reminds me of my favorite Thomas Merton quote:

“Nine tenths of the news, as printed in the papers, is pseudo-news, manufactured events. Some days ten tenths. The ritual morning trance, in which one scans columns of newsprint, creates a peculiar form of generalized pseudo-attention to a pseudo-reality. This experience is taken seriously. It is one’s daily immersion in ‘reality.’ One’s orientation to the rest of the world. One’s way of reassuring himself that he has not fallen behind. That he is still there. That he still counts! My own experience has been that renunciation of this self-hypnosis, of this participation in the unquiet universal trance, is no sacrifice to reality at all. To ‘fall behind’ in this sense is to get out of the big cloud of dust that everybody is kicking up, to breathe and to see a little more clearly.”

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I know. I deleted all social media, it’s awesome. That’s where most of the political negativity comes from. I have the ability to read several articles on the same subject and articulate my own opinion, and I’ve always liked that process.
But it’s becoming redundantly negative, and it makes me question my mental health. Like why do I need to consume myself with all this negativity on a daily basis? I can’t do anything to change the world. I drive a truck for a living. I have personal goals, that involve being a good person, and just trying to affect my little part of the world in a positive way. That stuff I can accomplish, that stuff I can control. I can’t control what crazy people on the Internet think. I can’t control American politics.
I like completely unplugging on my days off when I’m not busy, other than music and maybe video games. But after a few days, I feel the urge to “remain informed,” whatever that means.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Why hide the guns you're usually so proud of?

You can still be pro-2A and recognize that showing off your rifle after a recent mass shooting is in bad taste. If she didn’t hide her weapons, she’d be ripped for that too.