Hired as a Package Handler ready to start on Tuesday. Did i Make the right choice?

Abigpackage4U

Hey Guys,
So i got everything finalized and will be starting on next week as a package handler for UPS. I recently worked at the Post Office, (letter carrier) was only there for 2 months and i had to make a choice between UPS as a package handler $14.5/hr or Fedex Express Full Time swing driver$21.69/hr. I know long term UPS is the best way to go. My question is. Did i make the right choice during this time to get in as a package handler? I know we are on peak season right now. But i spoke to 2 HR people and both assured me this position was for permanent position. In the end i know both are a risky move regardless which one i choose but i feel more confident that UpS is the better option. How will i know if i was hired as seasonal or permanent?
Thanks

Abigpackage4U

Lmao! Well i guess ill have to just go with the flow and hope for the best. Just hoping they don’t lay us off in January when things slow down. If things slow down...that is

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey Guys,
So i got everything finalized and will be starting on next week as a package handler for UPS. I recently worked at the Post Office, (letter carrier) was only there for 2 months and i had to make a choice between UPS as a package handler $14.5/hr or Fedex Express Full Time swing driver$21.69/hr. I know long term UPS is the best way to go. My question is. Did i make the right choice during this time to get in as a package handler? I know we are on peak season right now. But i spoke to 2 HR people and both assured me this position was for permanent position. In the end i know both are a risky move regardless which one i choose but i feel more confident that UpS is the better option. How will i know if i was hired as seasonal or permanent?
Thanks

They got another one
Lmao

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
But i spoke to 2 HR people and both assured me
We don't even have 2 HR people anymore, whoever told you they were with HR were lying to you.

Abigpackage4U

But i spoke to 2 HR people and both assured me
We don't even have 2 HR people anymore, whoever told you they were with HR were lying to you.
Well at the San Diego Cali hub they do. Thats who i spoke to down there. I was a car washer there previously back in August. Had to leave becuase i needed extra hours when i took the job at the PO. But im better off returning back and going thru as a package handler. Ive kept good contact with em. If i take the job with fedex nothing guarantees me theyll keep me there after January either.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Well at the San Diego Cali hub they do. Thats who i spoke to down there. I was a car washer there previously back in August. Had to leave becuase i needed extra hours when i took the job at the PO. But im better off returning back and going thru as a package handler. Ive kept good contact with em. If i take the job with fedex nothing guarantees me theyll keep me there after January either.

Turnover is so bad for part-timers that you shouldn’t have to wait too long to get in, even if they let you go for a while after peak.

charm299

Hey Guys,
Thanks
You will be let go on December 24 after your shift

Zowert

It was already mentioned but the turnover rate is extremely high for package handlers. Shouldn’t take too long to get in full time if you were hired as seasonal.