Hired as a Seasonal Helper in Massachusetts

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That sounds really great 190 pieces. You only work when you are needed. I always tell people to go for the package handler jobs. Driver helper job is the pits.
Seasonal handler job suck too in terms of hours. They tell them to show up 3 hours after we start....and most are only getting maybe 2-3 hours a day...some just get sent home

new_upserMA

So at this point can I apply for a package handler job. When I went to apply for the job in person they implied only the9.50 hr seasonal helper jobs were open

Off the record I am an absentee owner of a FedEx home delivery route in NYC but live outside Boston in Concord MA.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
So at this point can I apply for a package handler job. When I went to apply for the job in person they implied only the9.50 hr seasonal helper jobs were open

Off the record I am an absentee owner of a FedEx home delivery route in NYC but live outside Boston in Concord MA.

Uh, oh.

new_upserMA

What is uh oh mean????

Seasonal handler job suck too in terms of hours. They tell them to show up 3 hours after we start....and most are only getting maybe 2-3 hours a day...some just get sent home

They only give4 or 5 hours a day. The driver said wasn't up to him but the helper coordinator. But like I said my goal is to bust my ass to get in full time or at least part time after peak. As far as the FedEx route I am a partner in the ground business I own. Ups doesn't have to know that

NickyNik

Slow down, it isn't always that easy. Get through the seasonal work first.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Uh FedEx ground and home delivery is set up as independent contractor model. Check out the FedEx board.anyway how will ups know
Here's something to consider...if you do get a permanent job at ups...which isn't all that likely...and they find out...that conflict of interest might cost you your job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Uh FedEx ground and home delivery is set up as independent contractor model. Check out the FedEx board.anyway how will ups know

Is the company that you are a part of an LLC? Is there any way that UPS could identify you through the name of the company? I would think that if you were offered a permanent position with UPS the only way that it would not be a conflict is if you worked inside the hub. A UPS driver owning even a minority interest in a FedEx Ground route would be grounds for instant termination.

PT Car Washer

Nobody in the hubs care where else you work. Just as long as you show up and do a good job. Huge turn over in PT and may be a couple months after Peak before there is an opening but UPS hire year round for PT.

new_upserMA

$18.75 is seasonal driver rate. Package handler starts at $10/hr.

Not in Massachusetts much higher cost of living.ever see the size of some of those houses you are making deliveries too? Do you guys ever get jealous even when you leave package by door and see the expensive doors hardware on doors etc...... I don't think many kids around here would get out of bed for 10 an hr

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not in Massachusetts much higher cost of living.ever see the size of some of those houses you are making deliveries too? Do you guys ever get jealous even when you leave package by door and see the expensive doors hardware on doors etc...... I don't think many kids around here would get out of bed for 10 an hr
Sorry....starting wage for permanent package handlers isn't 18.75 an hour.

You've Got Mail

I was a helper today for a guy with 28 years in. He had a sweet route and sweet truck. Sucks that even with that many years, he still only makes around $34/hour.

NJ was snowy/rainy all day. These kinds of days are the only days I regret working for UPS. Though nothing feels better than that hot shower when you get home...

PT Car Washer

I was a helper today for a guy with 28 years in. He had a sweet route and sweet truck. Sucks that even with that many years, he still only makes around $34/hour.

NJ was snowy/rainy all day. These kinds of days are the only days I regret working for UPS. Though nothing feels better than that hot shower when you get home...
Only makes $34?hr? Many of us feel blessed with what we have.

new_upserMA

Ok but what about my question about being cut after my second day of work. I was supposed to be with this driver the rest of the season but today got call that supposedly it was too light. Light my ass driver probably didn't like me for some reason and talked :censored2:.