Hired as a Seasonal Helper in Massachusetts

new_upserMA

You will not be hired as permanent most likely...if you are over 40. Too much of an injury liability. And kicking azzz doean't help you move up quickly...seniority does!

Oh so basically ups practices age discrimination. So let me get this straight because I will be 40 in June even thought I am in perfect physical shape and have had no problems carrying packages 50lbs or more I won't be hired because I am over 40
I thought only the military had that exemption that they don't hire anyone over 35 and here we have cnn spewing their horse:censored2: about these poor milenials who are for some reason owed a job

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh so basically ups practices age discrimination. So let me get this straight because I will be 40 in June even thought I am in perfect physical shape and have had no problems carrying packages 50lbs or more I won't be hired because I am over 40
I thought only the military had that exemption that they don't hire anyone over 35 and here we have cnn spewing their horse:censored2: about these poor milenials who are for some reason owed a job

BB58 does not know what she is talking about. If you are qualified for the job, UPS cannot discriminate based upon your age nor will they see you as a liability because of your age.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
BB58 does not know what she is talking about. If you are qualified for the job, UPS cannot discriminate based upon your age nor will they see you as a liability because of your age.
and you do?? No, I forgot....ups does everything honestly, lawfully and by the book...riiiight...lol. :bsbullf:

Last edited:

new_upserMA

So UPS would rather hire some 20 year old high school dropout to do preload who is Loud every third word is a swear word, they refer to their girlfriend as "my girl" pants are worn halfway down arse, you have to hold their hands and many are extremely hostile and argumentative. Remember I manage indirectly a fedex home delivery route in NYC. NYC great to visit after 4 days want to get the hell out and back to concord MA.
I take real offense to the over 40 comment. Nice that the dumbing down of America is great. Someone who is near 40 can't join military, police force or even ups. I guess they got a waiver just like many of these organizations did for the ACA. Does cnn mention this horse:censored2:

I have seen several PT qualify driving at 40 or older. Most do fine. I most likely am wrong but can't remember hiring anyone off the street for package car. Most are 25 to 30. Like to have a bit of maturity and seasoning. Love the newly weds with a kid on the way.

new_upserMA

But the21 year old kid who barely graduated high school has a better chance than someone who is on either side of just40 and harder if rhey5are a white male.
Did I strike a nerve. I am a NYer. I tell it the way it is and don't listen to the bleeding heart horse:censored2: from rollingstone magazine, cnn or msnbc. But seriously anyobe 20 or 40 who sits in front of TV screen and plays video games all day will tend to get injured. Somehow ups, the military and police forces except in Boston got this age discrimination waiver like the waivers given out for aca

But the21 year old kid who barely graduated high school has a better chance than someone who is on either side of just40 and harder if rhey5are a white male.
Did I strike a nerve. I am a NYer. I tell it the way it is and don't listen to the bleeding heart horse:censored2: from rollingstone magazine, cnn or msnbc. But seriously anyobe 20 or 40 who sits in front of TV screen and plays video games all day will tend to get injured. Somehow ups, the military and police forces except in Boston got this age discrimination waiver like the waivers given out for aca
I agree with a lot of what you are saying about the 21 year old gamer. The fact is someone like you are describing would not last to the end of the day in package car. The older guys (40+) proved themselves working PT for years. Package car was a break for them.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Beside the fact that this post made absolutely no sense at all, maybe you should just go out and buy another FE Ground route and try running that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Did I strike a n erve. I am a NYer. I tell it th eY way it is and don't listen to the bleeding heart horse:censored2: from rollingstone magazine, cnn or msnbc. But seriously anyobe 20 or 40 who sits in front of TV screen and plays video games all day will tend to get injured. Somehow ups, the military and police forces except in Boston got this age discrimination waiver like the waivers given out for aca
You're a NYer...so the hell what? So am I. Would UPS if given the option rather hire a 20 year old package handler vs a 40 year old one? Sure, they most likely won't stay more than a few years and many hardly use their benefits.

bowflex

op this got out of control. If you don't get hired this year apply as a reg temp driver once your record clears up. As someone else mentioned you should have applied for an inside Job because it's easier to get noticed. Going back and forth asking questions that no one can answer isn't productive. On another note I started at 43 and most of the reg temps that made it past the 40 days were 30 and over. A lot of the younger ones got in accidents or worked too slow. Go figure. Also try a different hub. The one I'm at now needed people so bad you can get hired with tattoos on your neck.

new_upserMA

OP is going full racist in 3...2...1...

whiny little bitch
op this got out of control. If you don't get hired this year apply as a reg temp driver once your record clears up. As someone else mentioned you should have applied for an inside Job because it's easier to get noticed. Going back and forth asking questions that no one can answer isn't productive. On another note I started at 43 and most of the reg temps that made it past the 40 days were 30 and over. A lot of the younger ones got in accidents or worked too slow. Go figure. Also try a different hub. The one I'm at now needed people so bad you can get hired with tattoos on your neck.

Yes that is what I plan to do apply for an inside job as a package handler even if the pay isn't good to 'get noticed' then work a regular job during the day. Then in another 2 years hopefully I get no more tickets or other moving violations so I can apply as a temp driver... does that clear things up, or do they prefer to hire the 20 year old barely literate over a 5th grade reading level kid who barely graduated high school... BTW, nothing I said was even remotely racist. You guys have got to stop listening to the horse:censored2: from CNN, the Today Show or MSNBC.....

new_upserMA

You're a NYer...so the hell what? So am I. Would UPS if given the option rather hire a 20 year old package handler vs a 40 year old one? Sure, they most likely won't stay more than a few years and many hardly use their benefits.

Oh so that is the reason. I thought because many of the 'younger kids' are fun to hang out with, have that hedonistic positive attitude all the time (partially from all the drugs, booze & weed) and because of the bleeding heart PC times of the moment

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes t hBaat is what I plan to do apply for an inside job as a pack age handler even if the pay isn't good to 'get noticed' then work a regular job during the day. Then in another 2 years hopefully I get no more tickets or other moving violations so I can apply as a temp driver... does that clear things up, or do they prefer to hire the 20 year old barely literate over a 5th grade reading level kid who barely graduated high school... BTW, nothing I said was even remotely racist. You guys have got to stop listening to the horse:censored2: from CNN, the Today Show or MSNBC.....
You don't need the ability to read to unload a trailer....just need a strong back. You really need to get over yourself. If your FedEx route is so successful....why are you a Christmas helper working for peanuts?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Oh so that is the reason. I thought because many of the 'younger kids' are fun to hang out with, have that hedonistic positive attitude all the time (partially from all the drugs, booze & weed) and because of the bleeding heart PC times of the moment
JFC....are you friggin serious? Do you not have a shred of business common sense??