Hired as part-time air driver. Will UPS give me a real chance to become full-time?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Was brought in for seasonal 2018, laid-off, and rehired just now, after my manager called me to interview. Two other seasonal hires brought back, and brought back before me, but they are doing preload, and only occasionally driving. Not that impressed with starting pay, in fact, I'd make more money working the afternoon shift at my current courier position, even when considering that I pay for my own gas, and it is my own car. However, I like UPS, and think it still could be the right move long-term, but I have some major doubts.

Just wondering if most people in this spot get a real chance to at least attempt to become a full-time package driver, again. They did talk about a qualifying period, but I'm not even sure that would be for full-time, as this seems more to continue as a part-time air driver. The fact that they told me, when laid off, that even though I got faster at the end, I wasn't quite fast enough to stay on, worries me. As does the fact, that they talked about a bid process for full-time routes when someone leaves, that is based on seniority. I certainly don't have that.

I really appreciate your responses, thanks.
I doubt it

Days

22.4 they must work you 8 hours a day 5 days a week. If you’re trip is not enough to make those hours they’ll work you inside. I’m gonna be 22.4 soon but my trip is no less than 170 stops so I won’t have to worry about working inside.
You’ll also make 50 cents less than RPCD

Wasn’t referring to a lack of hours but more what kind of work they’ll 22.4’s doing