Hired for both Fedex and UPS...

Patsfan87

Last week I was offered employment at UPS as a package handler, the following week I was offered employment as a Part Time Courier (DOT) for Fedex Express. Both are part time. UPS 3:30am to 8:45am and Fedex 3:00pm to 8:45pm. I plan on working both seeing how they do not interfere with one another. I have just one question ask you guys, which job will be more likely lead to full time faster? Fedex or UPS? Thanks! Take Care!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Faster is not always better. You will get to full-time faster at FedEx, but it's definitely not better. Long term, UPS has better pay, insurance, and retirement.

hypo hanna

Like the song says,,,..

"Look for the union label"

You have protections at UPS. At FedEx you are considered a disposable slave ripe for abuse and you won't have anyone in your corner unless you hire an employment attorney.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just one question, how are you gonna handle the UPS job when
FedEx sends you (most likely) out of town to courier school?

O

OLDMAN3

UPS will be much harder on your body long term. How long it takes to go full time varies by which building you work at. By the time you get a full time position in my building, 99% of part timers will have quit or will have been permanently injured.

overflowed

UPS will be much harder on your body long term. How long it takes to go full time varies by which building you work at. By the time you get a full time position in my building, 99% of part timers will have quit or will have been permanently injured.
Never heard of it said that way. Thats funny. But, you're co workers saying they're hiring off the street. To op take the UPS job you will thank me in the long run. Suffer a little and be cool or suffer forever.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Are you relatively young? If so, I urge you to get more education and avoid this crappy industry entirely....but if you must torture yourself, UPS is the way to go.

chargerlou

Give ups a try fed ex express jobs will always be there good luck either way.

Sent using BrownCafe App