Fedex plan is to get rid of hourly drivers

Empty Pockets

1682325438598.png

Troll (slang)

In slang, a troll is a person who posts or makes inflammatory, insincere, digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages online (such as in social media, a newsgroup, a forum, a chat room, an online video game), or in real life, with the intent of provoking others into displaying emotional responses,[2] or manipulating others' perception, thus acting as a bully or a provocateur. The behavior is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or purposefully causing confusion or harm to other people.[3]

Psychological characteristics

Researcher Ben Radford wrote about the phenomenon of clowns in history and the modern day in his book Bad Clowns, and found that "bad clowns" have evolved into Internet trolls.[62] They do not dress up as traditional clowns but, for their own amusement, they tease and exploit "human foibles" in order to speak the "truth" and gain a reaction.[62] Like clowns in make-up, Internet trolls hide behind "anonymous accounts and fake usernames".[62] In their eyes, they are the trickster and are performing for a nameless audience via the Internet.[62] Studies conducted in the fields of human–computer interaction and cyberpsychology by other researchers have corroborated Radford's analysis on the phenomenon of Internet trolling as a form of deception-serving entertainment and its correlations to aggressive behaviour, katagelasticism, black humor, and the Dark tetrad.[15][16][17]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(slang)#Psychological_characteristics
Trolling correlates positively with sadism,[16][17][18][19] trait psychopathy,[16][17][18][19] and Machiavellianism[63] (see Dark triad). Trolls take pleasure from causing pain and emotional suffering.[16][18][19] Their ability to upset or harm gives them a feeling of power.[63][64] Psychological researches conducted in the fields of personality psychology and cyberpsychology report that trolling behaviour qualifies as an anti-social behaviour and is strongly correlated to sadistic personality disorder (SPD).[16][18][19] Researches have shown that men, compared with women, are more likely to perpetrate trolling behaviour; these gender differences in online anti-social behaviour may be a reflection of gender stereotypes, where agentic characteristics such as competitiveness and dominance are encouraged in men.[19][65] The results corroborated that gender (male) is a significant predictor of trolling behaviour, alongside trait psychopathy and sadism to be significant positive predictors.[19] Moreover, these studies have shown that people who enjoy trolling online tend to also enjoy hurting other people in everyday life, therefore corroborating a longstanding and persistent pattern of psychopathological sadism.[18]

A psychoanalytic and sexologic study on the phenomenon of Internet trolling asserts that anonymity increases the incidence of the trolling behaviour, and that "the internet is becoming a medium to invest our anxieties and not thinking about the repercussions of trolling and affecting the victims mentally and incite a sense of guilt and shame within them".[66]

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Like the squeaky voiced fake tough guy in Florida who is battling Disney because they hurt his feelings when they spoke out against his bigoted bill? Or all the “friend%#k your feelings” people who boycott the NFL, Coke, Bud Light, Nike, and basically any major corporation who triggers them?
Do you understand the difference between "I'm not going to patronize a company because I disagree with something it has done or said" and "A company should be shut down because I disagree with something it has done or said"?

59 Dano

Just a response to another made up bogeyman to appease right wing news junkies.
Love the logic- It's not even a thing and it doesn't happen, but it's a stupid law that makes them stop doing that thing that isn't happening.

59 Dano

Yeah, trying to make a difference in the lives of kids coming from broken homes is soooooo funny.
I would take you seriously if you weren't of the same political stripe that is most responsible for 60 years of increases in the rate of fatherless kids.

59 Dano

Weird how fixated you people are on other people’s genitals.
'Hey if a guy says he's a woman, you have to accept it. You have to use whatever pronouns he prefers. You have to let him participate in women's sports. You have to let him use the same locker room as women. And when we say men can have menstrual cycles and get pregnant, you have to take us seriously. And you have to let us preach any and all sorts of gender identity and trans propaganda to your kids without your consent. We're also going to ram this down your throats by flooding mainstream culture with it, making you attend reeducation seminars in your workplace, and making sure that it is prevalent everywhere you look. If you aren't in 100% compliance, we'll scream in your face that you're transphobic and want kids to die, we'll storm your legislative sessions, and we'll get you fired from your jobs.

And if you object to any of it OMG WHY ARE YOU CONSERVATIVES SO FIXATED ON THIS.'

59 Dano

There was the matter of possibly obstructing the investigation. Not that he might still be guilty of collusion. How'd that obstruction charge go for you?
They've been investigating him for everything under the sun since Nov 2016 and still don't have anything. Either he didn't do what they say he's done or he's a such an advanced mastermind who is able to leave absolutely no evidence of anything.

AB831

'Hey if a guy says he's a woman, you have to accept it. You have to use whatever pronouns he prefers. You have to let him participate in women's sports. You have to let him use the same locker room as women. And when we say men can have menstrual cycles and get pregnant, you have to take us seriously. And you have to let us preach any and all sorts of gender identity and trans propaganda to your kids without your consent. We're also going to ram this down your throats by flooding mainstream culture with it, making you attend reeducation seminars in your workplace, and making sure that it is prevalent everywhere you look. If you aren't in 100% compliance, we'll scream in your face that you're transphobic and want kids to die, we'll storm your legislative sessions, and we'll get you fired from your jobs.

And if you object to any of it OMG WHY ARE YOU CONSERVATIVES SO FIXATED ON THIS.'
Lol didn’t read. Don’t care.

59 Dano

Please notice how he has attempted to derail the thread and avoid talking about the issue at hand.
The thread is about 18 pages of political arguments, many of which are your rantings about Trump, and some FedEx stuff. Which particular issue is that you need me to address, lady?

It will be fine

Serious question for @It will be fine Do you plan on giving your driver's a raise since they will be taking on Express duties?
My expectation is that is not likely. I doubt I’ll get enough additional compensation to be able to. Any extra money will go towards the additional resources needed to handle it, not to the workers. The current contracts are very bad and they’re not getting any better. If corporate wants a more professional workforce they’ll have to pay for it, but current indications are they disagree. My guess is we’ll do a good enough job with Express volume and that’ll be enough for the shareholders.

Gone fishin

My expectation is that is not likely. I doubt I’ll get enough additional compensation to be able to. Any extra money will go towards the additional resources needed to handle it, not to the workers. The current contracts are very bad and they’re not getting any better. If corporate wants a more professional workforce they’ll have to pay for it, but current indications are they disagree. My guess is we’ll do a good enough job with Express volume and that’ll be enough for the shareholders.
At least he’s honest

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My guess is we’ll do a good enough job with Express volume and that’ll be enough for the shareholders.
It’s never enough for the stockholders. Looks like FedEx is painting themselves into a corner by paying people peanuts and expecting all the work to get done in a timely manner without any rebellion. Who’s going to replace these drivers when they’ve had enough and say screw this?

HD219

I appreciate the honest reply.