Hiring 10 New FT PC Jobs

BigBeef42

Hey fellas,

We have been desperate for new drivers for a very long time. We rarely hire drivers, our hub is cheap as heck!

I get the feeling management is just gearing-up for peak season and doesnt want to keep all 10 jobs after peak.

A few people in my hub say management will probably keep 5 out of the 10 as fulltime drivers after peak season is over, and the rest will be laid off.

When they lay you off, how many hours can you expect to work a week, if any?

I dont want to lose my current job and part time seniority, to get a fulltime job with zero hours on call.

Sent using USPS

brownrod

I think it's different in every local. where I am at if you are a laid off driver you don't get to work part time shifts unless they are understaffed and need you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Uh what?

Maybe every local is different but I have been laid off a few times before. Starting day 1 I double shifted for my 8 hours. Making full scale to unload trailers was some easy easy money.

I forget how long we have to be laid off here before we can double shift on the inside but I know that it is not Day 1.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What happens after 14 days?
You can work in building to make hours?

Please elaborate.

Even as a cover drive, here in the pacific northwest, arent we gauranteed 8hrs a day?

Sent using USPS
I think you need to find out when your next local meeting is and go ask your BA all these questions.

PT Car Washer

I was thinking you had to be off a week before you can bump back inside. Some guys will just take the chance they can pick up a couple days driving then work inside.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Uh what?

Maybe every local is different but I have been laid off a few times before. Starting day 1 I double shifted for my 8 hours. Making full scale to unload trailers was some easy easy money.

That's how it is here as well.

One of our FT drivers has his route cut every Monday. Occasionally he has opted to work in the HUB that day if he just doesn't want to take the day off. More than not though he takes the day without pay.

BrownChoice

Correct me if Im wrong, but the company cant hire drivers and just lay them off permanently(essentially firing them) UNLESS its already in the seasonal period....

BigBeef42

July 1, 2014
If you get a feeling on lottery numbers.... Help a brother out.
-Bug-

Sounds good, 24, 38, 45, 2, 7

Thanks for the replies.

I have just enough seniority to, maybe, be the 10th man. I dont want to get squeezed out of the job come january 1st.

Call me paranoid, but mgmt at my hub are weasels. They get away with everything.

Im a utility driver and once a week i hear about supes delivering packages. They are scum.

Sent using USPS

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I forget how long we have to be laid off here before we can double shift on the inside but I know that it is not Day 1.
Here it's day 1. They tried to lay me off last veteran's day to avoid paying me the holiday premium until another driver booked off and they needed me, but they had offered me to work inside to make my hours (which defeats the purpose of laying me off for the holiday.)

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Correct me if Im wrong, but the company cant hire drivers and just lay them off permanently(essentially firing them) UNLESS its already in the seasonal period....
They can lay off anytime as long as no casuals are working and as long as they do it by seniority and give 1 business day notice.
Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

They try to save a buck anyway they can. I dont want to be a victim again.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I may take the job and put in a transfer to a region where drivers are given more opportunity. My hub sux

Sent using USPS

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
They try to save a buck anyway they can. I dont want to be a victim again.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I may take the job and put in a transfer to a region where drivers are given more opportunity. My hub sux

Sent using USPS
We can't transfer in Texas but half my center got moved to a bigger hub, I followed a route and a year and a half later I'm heading to feeders. If you can get to a place with better opportunities take it!

Sent using BrownCafe App