Hiring 10 New FT PC Jobs

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Take the full time spot regardless of the rumors you hear. Don't pass up anything they offer. Once your full time they will work you trust me. You can always transfer to a bigger hub. But take the full time spot!

Acc0rd

This happened a lot after the recession hit. Had up to 10 FT drivers laid off per day! They either had to work in the building both shifts or just not show up and not get paid. A lot played the games of using an option day before their 7 day in the building ran out so they wouldn't be kicked back to their in building pay. A lot of them were sent back to what they would be making if they would have stayed part time all those years and dropped to 16 bucks an hour! That center has yet to hire a new full time driver since 2006!! Those poor guys are still at the bottom of the pile after all these years. They have FT drivers that are in their mid 60s and started in '71 and '72.

BigBeef42

This happened a lot after the recession hit. Had up to 10 FT drivers laid off per day! They either had to work in the building both shifts or just not show up and not get paid. A lot played the games of using an option day before their 7 day in the building ran out so they wouldn't be kicked back to their in building pay. A lot of them were sent back to what they would be making if they would have stayed part time all those years and dropped to 16 bucks an hour! That center has yet to hire a new full time driver since 2006!! Those poor guys are still at the bottom of the pile after all these years. They have FT drivers that are in their mid 60s and started in '71 and '72.

This is my fear exactly. What good is a union when we have no security.

The crazy truth is these 60yr olds are hardcore. I cant believe the spirit of these guys. They dont make em like that anymore.

Sent using USPS

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There were many drivers laid off in the building during 2008-2010, and some did lose their driver's rate of pay. However, I believe that was straightened out and now laid off drivers make their top-rate in the building.

undies

I was laid off my first 7 years as a utility driver. The first few I had to double shift, then the last 4 years I was able to drive out of other buildings within the local. We finally hired some more FT drivers this year...here's hoping I don't get laid off in September.

BigBeef42

I was laid off my first 7 years as a utility driver. The first few I had to double shift, then the last 4 years I was able to drive out of other buildings within the local. We finally hired some more FT drivers this year...here's hoping I don't get laid off in September.

Cheers

Sent using USPS

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hey fellas,

We have been desperate for new drivers for a very long time. We rarely hire drivers, our hub is cheap as heck!

I get the feeling management is just gearing-up for peak season and doesnt want to keep all 10 jobs after peak.

A few people in my hub say management will probably keep 5 out of the 10 as fulltime drivers after peak season is over, and the rest will be laid off.

When they lay you off, how many hours can you expect to work a week, if any?

I dont want to lose my current job and part time seniority, to get a fulltime job with zero hours on call.

Sent using USPS
If the new guys who go fulltime are willing and able to learn new routes they will always have work. Trust me theres more than enough drivers that will volunteer to take a day off a week. I work a lot and don't hardly take off but theres been a few days that I wish we had extra drivers so a brother could take off unpaid. I don't like to use sick or optionals at all, I always bid them out as an extra 2 wks of vacation. Id rather have off an extra 9 days aka a weeks vacation than burning a day here and there. Unpaid day is my choice every time lol.