Hiring freeze and Transformation team members added - On Topic

Well... we now have a hiring freeze in place for management... effective yesterday ... as well as one of our local HR had to place one supervisor on the transformation team but was required to sign a non-disclosure.... so one could only wonder ....odd timing ... for those that took the " leave / retire now or lose your vacations in your last year" bait - there last day was Feb. 28th - hiring freeze placed March 4th.... Several weeks ago - big push to get management head counts lined up.....

RolloTony Brown Town

Hopefully one that understands how to transform business processes rather than just cut people.

UPS has a very dismal history in this area all the while bragging about Business Process Engineering.

Those are all fancy words. I miss being told I was getting enhancements lol transformation just isn’t as sexy I guess.

When they announced the RPU structure was changing from a 5 year process to a 1 year process i was immediately worried that it was a scam and MIP was going to tank. I’m still fearing the worst for 2020. Working in management sure does keep you on your toes.

Popeye

Well, we're coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the VRP announcement. This was described as part of "phase 1" of the "transformation". I'm sure they're getting things cranked up for phase 2. This is like the musical chairs kids game. Who's still gonna have a seat when the music stops this time?

Popeye

Interesting.... There are a ton of HR people listed in "UPS This Week" accepting assignments on the "Human Capital Transformation Team". Someone is planning to transform a lot of "human capital"!

G

Gsd

Interesting.... There are a ton of HR people listed in "UPS This Week" accepting assignments on the "Human Capital Transformation Team". Someone is planning to transform a lot of "human capital"!
How do you get a college degree in Transformation?

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated

I believe there was a "Human Capital Transformation Team" in Nazi Germany. It was called the SS...

Anonymous 115

83 positions "transformed" this year so far that I am aware of. Some to vendors, some to other GBS sites, some to Guatemala. I am just hoping I can survive 4 more years before they "transform" the health insurance for early retirement as another cost cutting measure.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
83 positions "transformed" this year so far that I am aware of. Some to vendors, some to other GBS sites, some to Guatemala. I am just hoping I can survive 4 more years before they "transform" the health insurance for early retirement as another cost cutting measure.

Now you did it..just gave them another idea to cut costs!

Anonymous 115

Now you did it..just gave them another idea to cut costs!
Haha, I thought about that right after I posted it. But I'm sure they have thought of every possible way to save a penny. Starting with Christmas bonuses, things have been taken away every few years for the last 20 years. Taking away vacation from retirees was not something I would have guessed they would do. Anyway, they are already doing this in a sense with the job eliminations. Many of the people being transformed are close to 55 and trying desperately to find something else as to not lose the health insurance.