Hiring on Hold?

Don't Judge Me

And I'll say that I'm not leaving Amazon because of the job. I am still employed with my DSP and they are fully aware that I'm leaving. I love the job and the DSP, but Amazon isn't it. They are not the one to hang around for a lifetime or career. I'll stay here until they bring me on. I'm just trying to gauge how long this hiring hold/freeze may last. She did say that it could be a little bit before I start, so I've been expecting the hold. She just got me on the "if they lift the hold" part, that wasn't mentioned whatsoever during any of the onboarding of background/road test/DOT physical.

Last edited:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Out west but like a lot of buildings, we currently have drivers laid off. Might be a bad time to get in on at UPS given the state of the economy. Anyways best of luck to you.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Ive applied as an off the street 22.4 driver. I have completed my application, road test and DOT physical. And apparently the background check is complete but the results haven't come back yet. I was told to call the company that UPS and outsources this to and was told that all is well, and no additional information is needed. I was told to call the hub I'd applied to have them check on it. The hub I've applied at has said that they were able to hire 10 drivers, but it was knocked down to 0 just a few days before I came in for the road test. I spoke to HR today and she said they're still on hold, and that they can't bring on any new drivers until they lift the hold.... if they do. Anyone ever experience this? Is this common? I feel like I'm limbo as I'll be moving 2.5 hours away to take this job. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!
2.5 hours away from Atlanta? Is it Tifton by chance?

Don't Judge Me

Well I’ve done all I can do.
I saw that Tifton was hiring 22.4s, but definitely not trying to move there 🤣 I'm moving out of state. I'm hesitant to say which station just because I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers in the event anyone is on here from that station.

Yeet

I saw that Tifton was hiring 22.4s, but definitely not trying to move there 🤣 I'm moving out of state. I'm hesitant to say which station just because I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers in the event anyone is on here from that station.
It’s usually a pretty good idea not to say which hub or center you work at but you haven’t said anything here that anyone at your center would take offense to.

Don't Judge Me

It’s usually a pretty good idea not to say which hub or center you work at but you haven’t said anything here that anyone at your center would take offense to.
Oh yea... they seem to be great people at the station. And I get that they may be at the mercy of UPS telling them when they can hire. The owner of my DSP once worked for Amazon and did say that they can freeze hiring due to volume. I'm just hoping that this freeze doesn't last any longer than a month or two. That's why I posted in here to maybe see if anyone has any idea or might know the average time frame hiring freezes can last.

Yeet

Oh yea... they seem to be great people at the station. And I get that they may be at the mercy of UPS telling them when they can hire. The owner of my DSP once worked for Amazon and did say that they can freeze hiring due to volume. I'm just hoping that this freeze doesn't last any longer than a month or two. That's why I posted in here to maybe see if anyone has any idea or might know the average time frame hiring freezes can last.
We have hiring freezes, it happens. Keep your eye on it and keep bugging them. Don’t let them forget about you.