Hiring on Hold?

Don't Judge Me

We have hiring freezes, it happens. Keep your eye on it and keep bugging them. Don’t let them forget about you.
Oh, for sure... I've been calling the 1-800 line almost daily... and I've spoken to the contacts that I have at the station about once a week/every other week.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Oh, for sure... I've been calling the 1-800 line almost daily... and I've spoken to the contacts that I have at the station about once a week/every other week.
Not sure how far you’ll get with the 800 number but it might be the way they’re handling hiring now. There is no more HR at hubs/centers.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Not sure how far you’ll get with the 800 number but it might be the way they’re handling hiring now. There is no more HR at hubs/centers.

Not quite true. There is local hr but there are less of them and they work from home a lot. If you can somehow wrangle their cell number that would be the best way. But idk how this guy would achieve that.

Don't Judge Me

Yea, it seems to be how they're doing it... they're all farmed out to India, get someone different just about everytime. Apparently this girl I've spoken with is HR, it is a local number to the station, and the sup referred to her as HR. Either way, I have her number and his as well.

Don't Judge Me

Not quite true. There is local hr but there are less of them and they work from home a lot. If you can somehow wrangle their cell number that would be the best way. But idk how this guy would achieve that.
I do have her number and the sup cell number as well. The sup seemed very impressed with my driving, almost aced the road test... just got marked on stopping too close to vehicle ahead and at crosswalks. Easy fixes. I've been in my step van with Amazon for 2 years now, working 6 days a week.

DOK

Ive applied as an off the street 22.4 driver. I have completed my application, road test and DOT physical. And apparently the background check is complete but the results haven't come back yet. I was told to call the company that UPS and outsources this to and was told that all is well, and no additional information is needed. I was told to call the hub I'd applied to have them check on it. The hub I've applied at has said that they were able to hire 10 drivers, but it was knocked down to 0 just a few days before I came in for the road test. I spoke to HR today and she said they're still on hold, and that they can't bring on any new drivers until they lift the hold.... if they do. Anyone ever experience this? Is this common? I feel like I'm limbo as I'll be moving 2.5 hours away to take this job. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!
We’re entering a recession, lean times coming, we won’t be hiring anytime soon. The government propping up of the economy has ended and reality is setting in, along with interest rate hikes, high gas prices.
I’m under the impression when people see “driver position” they think ups hires you, then sends you out in a truck everyday regardless if there’s enough packages or stops to keep you working 8-9 hours.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
We’re entering a recession, lean times coming, we won’t be hiring anytime soon. The government propping up of the economy has ended and reality is setting in, along with interest rate hikes, high gas prices.
I’m under the impression when people see “driver position” they think ups hires you, then sends you out in a truck everyday regardless if there’s enough packages or stops to keep you working 8-9 hours.
I hate to say it, but I totally agree. If you're going to move, look for another trade that's hiring in the area...maybe an electrical apprenticeship, or something of the sort. See if there are any local sort (evening positions) at the local UPS center and get your door in two places. Could be years before you're actually driving full time at UPS, why not bulk up on other marketable skills, because who knows what the future holds.