Hiring process question

muyl2

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm from Louisville, KY. I was wondering if it really takes a long time to hear from the recruiter after the first interview for P/T package handler. I went late May, and my recruiter told me it could take 6 to 8 weeks, or might not until Dec:confused:1, and they don't want me to call back for status. I thought at the time that UPS has plans to double the Louisville HUB in the next a few years, not that makes hiring easier, but at least they'll need more hard working people. Any ideas? Thank you.

Ucfmanic

From what I understand the hiring process is different from hub to hub. I actually just went on the tour last week at the Orlando hub, the HR rep took us for the tour and then set us up for interviews. I had my interview this morning and filled out all the paper work, I9's , direct deposit information, and she even told me that the start day would be this coming monday, She could not officially offer me the position though until my background check comes through... So, it depends, I have read though that it takes anywhere from a few days in my case, to a few months in other cases.