Hiring Process

UPSCAREER

Will this effect me??

So last year i worked as a seasonal driver helper. This summer I worked as a package handler but because of college, I had to quit and told them ahead of time. This year I applied again as a seasonal driver helper, and they told me I am eligible and have good rehiring status (at the interview). Couple days later they called and said I am a risk for rehiring because of my previous applications and asked me if I will be working throughout the whole time, I said yes. They said that if i work through the whole time, my rehiring status will be all good again.

Why would they think I am risk? It's not that I quite package handler without telling them. I worked all the days of seasonal driver helper last year and the driver/s told me "you are the best driver helper I ever had".

Will this effect me next year as I would like to be a seasonal driver?

Thanks!

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
It is impossible to say. Depends on the HR flavor of the month. If the economy stays in the tank, we get lots and lots and lots of applicants to choose from.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
work as seasonal, then quit; work as handler, then quit; apply for helper....

not saying you're a quitter, i'm sure you had legit reasons, but just on paper you should probably understand why an HR guy who's never met you before would be initially hesitant