Hoax, does UPS pay him to post on this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhguy

Red,

If you don't have two sides to an issue than you have no issue. I think for this site to be respected you need to hear both sides of all the issues. You don't have to agree with anything Hoax says, however, if you don't have both sides then you have nothing but propaganda.

Having retired and spent 25 years in managment, I take very serious offense when you say anybody can sit and make decisions all day. It takes a real man to make all the hard decisions that usually are disliked by the majority. It's the people that make all those unpopular decisions that are the reason that UPS has been able to MINIMIZE the hurt to it's work force in comparison to most other major companies. We are in tough times and people have to make many decisions that they would prefer not have to make.

Hoax keep up the good work! Your points of view are healthy for all!

"Remember the Big Fish always eats the little ones "

tieguy

Banned
I noticed after several controversial threads started by hoax that he is on this site close to 11 hours a day during the same time that he is supposedly working at UPS.

So either UPS pays him to "monitor" this site or they over look that he spend alot of time on here while collecting a salary!

But lets layoff people that actually contribute to this company!

In my job the hours I work can differ from week to week. I personally sometimes have worked continous hours and at times split my day in half where I come in during the morning hours for something, go home and come back in the evening for something else. I have also worked a lot of weekends or days of the weekend. I too have had the above type accusations made against me from time to time.

I think true respect here on this site makes the assumption that all of us here on this site have worked or continue to work hard for the brown machine. This type of post and thread should never start here.

Red I'm dissapointed. I thought you better then this.

tieguy

Banned
All of my posts about management taking a pay freeze have been on the side of management, the sups should have gotten their raises, but thats another thread.

I think this issue has been more important to you then it has to management itself. And yes you have had your fun with it.

Its never bothered me one iota. I was actually raised at UPS to believe that I am an owner in this company. As such I fully understand the need to cut costs and I fully appreciate that point that my sacrifice and my contribution have kept this company viable while so many other big companies have folded.

What would have been a nice gesture would be to see the teamsters proudly proclaim their sense of teamwork and actually tell ups to keep the august pay raise. But then a leech can not survive if it does not keep leeching can it?

tieguy

Banned
My theory on your observation is that as a management person you are used to, as they say in my building, "getting their heads caved in". You guys eat your own daily. Your desensitized to it. Union employees are part of a brotherhood. We rise to the occasion and defend our brothers and sisters. Proportion is in the eye of the beholder and possibly out of your field of tunnel vision.

I think you should revist your inflated opinion of your "brotherhood".

My experience is that those with few options in life join the union and become loyal "brothers"

Most upsers are pretty confident. They pride theirselves on the job they do and despise the slackers the union protects and defends. In fact I can honestly say that your brothers can cave heads in and eat their own with the best of them.

But the brotherhood makes a nice sound bite does it not?

Solidarity413

What would have been a nice gesture would be to see the teamsters proudly proclaim their sense of teamwork and actually tell ups to keep the august pay raise. But then a leech can not survive if it does not keep leeching can it?

:rofl: yeah, you can keep our raise since you care about us so much! :rofl:

Channahon

Seriously. 705Red. Really think about what you're saying. Did you think this through?

I remember when we had another mod that I believe you know in person. He has a sense of humor that I find to be pretty funny but because of his sense of humor I had to defend him to more than a couple of mgt members because they said he was a union shill. He eventually stepped down because of meaningless bullying and accusations, just like the ones in this thread.

Oddly enough Hoax is also someone that has a sense of humor but he is in mgt. Now you want to call him out and accuse him of being a mgt shill?

Good grief...

Our mods are volunteers that contribute their time to keep our forum a welcoming and informative place. Without their efforts this forum would become just another meaningless spam and profanity filled website. Although they do monitor the forum and help us keep things cleaned up they do still have the right to post their personal opinions, just as all members do.

Mgt or union, everyone is welcome. Ask your friend that is a former mod if he was paid to post here. If you want to discuss this further then send me a pm.

Thank you Cheryl, I was going to post a reply myself, but you said it best.

partykid

I think this issue has been more important to you then it has to management itself. And yes you have had your fun with it.

Its never bothered me one iota. I was actually raised at UPS to believe that I am an owner in this company. As such I fully understand the need to cut costs and I fully appreciate that point that my sacrifice and my contribution have kept this company viable while so many other big companies have folded.

Fully understand to cut costs, thats why my center manager does what shes told an will cut a route an i work 12 hours a day now!!!! Thanks for cost cut'n my house payment and family Love it!! OH i FORGOT my Daughter wanted to know why im home a 9pm on her Birthday!!!! I told her UPS has to cut COSTS so the SUITS CAN STAY IN THEIR A/C an make NUMBERS!!!!!

Solidarity413

It was a comment on teamwork. I knew I could count on you to totally miss the point. :rofl::rofl:

You can ask any of my sisters and brothers, I know all about teamwork. I'm a frigging Teamster! If you mean give up my raise so UPS can over dispatch drivers and barely give pt-timers hours, then you're right... no teamwork there. Sorry bub.

P

pickup

On Hoax's avatar, I never studied it really but thought it to hold an uncanny resemblance to

That's pretty good. I think he once had a motto above his avatar that said "no hoax before its time" . It reminded me of that Orson welles commercial "we will sell no wine before its time"

Orson Welles Paul Masson Commercial

P

pickup

For some reason whenever I see the avatar it reminds me of an old 70's or 80's style wrestler that might have been on tv on WWF or something....maybe grizzly adams.

When I read the book "1984", in which a character by the name of Big Brother is spoken about. There are posters of all over the city in which the main character lives. The posters say "Big Brother is watching you." Hoax's avatar is the mental image I get of Big Brother

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When I read the book "1984", in which a character by the name of Big Brother is spoken about. There are posters of all over the city in which the main character lives. The posters say "Big Brother is watching you." Hoax's avatar is the mental image I get of Big Brother
My goal was the look of a crazed terrorist! :wink2:

or maybe a troll. :happy-very:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Red,

If you don't have two sides to an issue than you have no issue. I think for this site to be respected you need to hear both sides of all the issues. You don't have to agree with anything Hoax says, however, if you don't have both sides then you have nothing but propaganda.

Having retired and spent 25 years in managment, I take very serious offense when you say anybody can sit and make decisions all day. It takes a real man to make all the hard decisions that usually are disliked by the majority. It's the people that make all those unpopular decisions that are the reason that UPS has been able to MINIMIZE the hurt to it's work force in comparison to most other major companies. We are in tough times and people have to make many decisions that they would prefer not have to make.

Hoax keep up the good work! Your points of view are healthy for all!

"Remember the Big Fish always eats the little ones "

Our pkg volume is at a higher point right now than it was all of last year. This is in one of the largest hubs in the U.S.

Tough times for some, but not for UPS so keep it on topic, please. I am getting tired of hearing about how bad UPS has it, honestly. Even with record profits and upper mgmt filling their pockets it is "tough times".

tieguy

Banned
Our pkg volume is at a higher point right now than it was all of last year. This is in one of the largest hubs in the U.S.

If so you would be the exception.

Tough times for some, but not for UPS so keep it on topic, please. I am getting tired of hearing about how bad UPS has it, honestly. Even with record profits and upper mgmt filling their pockets it is "tough times".

time to educate yourself. UPS has not seen anything near record profits in a good while. a 49 percent reduction is what they saw the last quarter. Perhaps the teamsters would be willing to take a 49 percent cut?

Dustyroads

Tie, you are starting to remind me of a rabid center manager that I had back in '99. One could get him so worked up that he would say really crazy sounding things for which he would later apologize. See, when you say things that are so unreasonable and rabid sounding, you lose all credibility. It's a real challenge for managers.

"Joining your union is the only thing you have ever accomplished in life."

Status
Not open for further replies.