Hoax, does UPS pay him to post on this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm4

That's pretty good. I think he once had a motto above his avatar that said "no hoax before its time" . It reminded me of that Orson welles commercial "we will sell no wine before its time"

Hoax is not old enough to be Orson Wells.

Isn't he Britain's favorite comedian, Robbie Coltrane. Hoaxster would make a wonderful Rubeus Hagrid.

Hagrid is a friendly noble wizard, responsible for guarding and guiding; and a bit of magic too.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
time to educate yourself. UPS has not seen anything near record profits in a good while. a 49 percent reduction is what they saw the last quarter. Perhaps the teamsters would be willing to take a 49 percent cut?

Time to not read more into what I said or take out of context. I never said UPS made record profits anytime recently. But we all know in the 90s they were still were unwilling to uphold the contract they agreed to.. regardless of "volume being down" excuse.

And also, more importantly, our bldg may be the exception regarding increased work, but does that really matter? My point is - They are eliminating jobs, eliminating routes, working supervisors, cheating and stealing from time cards, the norm business as usual. That with package volume being UP. I do not care if we are an exception, it is happening, whether it is ONLY this hub or others, it is not relevant.

tieguy

Banned
Tie, you are starting to remind me of a rabid center manager that I had back in '99. One could get him so worked up that he would say really crazy sounding things for which he would later apologize. See, when you say things that are so unreasonable and rabid sounding, you lose all credibility. It's a real challenge for managers.

"Joining your union is the only thing you have ever accomplished in life."

Rabid debater maybe. I did have one of your brothers call me several names to which I think I responded with some professionalism. Your defense of him is pretty one sided in this case. If you read his post you see quite a few shots fired my way. Another Wiz guy who got his first piece of contract and now thinks he's a lovemaking expert....:)
But ya know I can't let him slap me without at least responding with my own unique charm. :happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Time to not read more into what I said or take out of context. I never said UPS made record profits anytime recently. But we all know in the 90s they were still were unwilling to uphold the contract they agreed to.. regardless of "volume being down" excuse.

I don't disagree. They signed the contract and should follow it. There is something at stake here that goes beyond simply following the contract. There is the mindset amongst some that the whole follow the contract issue is a way to get back at the man. So with some I see those people go beyond a literal interpretation of the contract and try to create things not in the contract. If we're going to insist on following the contract then lets keep it to the contract and stop trying to expand its scope simply to annoy the center manager or supervisor you don't like.

P

pickup

wow did you just use the word "****"? Is someone getting a little hot and bothered? Regale us if you will with another story on your only accomplishment in life that being that you were forced to join a union.

Tell us again how if you will how you are able to jump buildings in a single bound simply because you joined a union.

How bout them bullets are they bouncing off that union chest of yours?

Man do you have a bad case of brainwashing.

Welcome back ,tie where have you been for the last few months?:happy2:

tieguy

Banned
Tie, you are starting to remind me of a rabid center manager that I had back in '99. One could get him so worked up that he would say really crazy sounding things for which he would later apologize. See, when you say things that are so unreasonable and rabid sounding, you lose all credibility. It's a real challenge for managers.

"Joining your union is the only thing you have ever accomplished in life."

An addendum to your point. We have many fine upsers here who fit Caseys vision of being a good upser and a good teamster. I think I'll reach those folks just fine. I think they'll fully understand the points I make here. The occasionaly union goon like Soladarity is not really on my wish list of people to impress.

Dustyroads

Well, back in those days, when I'd see that center manager just lose it and make all kind of remarks that were unprofessional in front of drivers, I saw it as weakness and immaturity. He, undoubtedly, felt his actions were "in defense" of himself.

The most powerful center mangers were those that one couldn't push into losing it, screaming or making unprofessional remarks that would haunt them later.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax is not old enough to be Orson Wells.

Isn't he Britain's favorite comedian, Robbie Coltrane. Hoaxster would make a wonderful Rubeus Hagrid.

Hagrid is a friendly noble wizard, responsible for guarding and guiding; and a bit of magic too.

Thanks but dannyboy has already laid claim on Hagrid but I would find Hagrid acceptable ... I liked his character and his looks. Give me a couple years when I retire. :wink2:
However, the hair will be white and grey I'm afraid. :sad-little:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Who is Hoax?

John Galt reference? If so, I am somewhat flattered though undeserving as I don't look at the world being in a state of helplessness and despair. Although I do shrug a lot and say "It is what it is". :funny:

Ask me again in four years though. :wink2:

P

pickup

Who is Hoax? -brownmonster

wikipedia:

A hoax is a deliberate attempt to deceive or trick an audience into believing, or accepting, that something is real, when the hoaxster knows it is not; or that something is true, when it is false. In an instance of a hoax, an object or event is not what it appears to be or what it is claimed to be; for example, "snake oil," which was sold by 19th century traveling salesmen in the United States as a cure-all. A hoax differs from a magic show in that the audience is unaware of being deceived - whereas in watching a magician perform a magical act, the audience expects to be tricked.

It is possible to perpetrate a hoax by making only true statements using unfamiliar wording or context (see Dihydrogen monoxide hoax). Unlike a fraud or con (which is usually aimed at a single victim and are made for illicit financial or material gain), a hoax is often perpetrated as a practical joke, to cause embarrassment, or to provoke social change by making people aware of something. Many hoaxes are motivated by a desire to satirize or educate by exposing the credulity of the public and the media or the absurdity of the target. For instance, the hoaxes of James Randi poke fun at believers in the paranormal and alternative medicine. The many hoaxes of Alan Abel and Joey Skaggs satirize people's willingness to believe the media. Political hoaxes are sometimes motivated by the desire to ridicule or besmirch opposing politicians or political institutions, often before elections. Journalistic scandals overlap with hoaxes to some extent.

Some governments have been known to perpetrate hoaxes to assist them with unpopular aims such as going to war (e.g., the Ems Telegram, or the Dodgy Dossier). In fact, there is often a mixture of outright hoax, and suppression and management of information to give the desired impression. In wartime, rumours abound; some may be deliberate hoaxes.

The word hoax is said to have come from the common magic incantation hocus pocus.[1] "Hocus pocus", in turn, is commonly believed to be a distortion of "hoc est corpus" ("this is the body") from the Latin Mass.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
1301-jpg.11861

Status
Not open for further replies.