Hoffa Stays

trickpony1

"....understand this sentence."
I understood it.
The guy is trying to say that by waiting until the very last minute to negotiate, the union has more leverage. If the company thinks we are all in a hurry to negotiate, avoid a strike and get on with life then, in theory, the union rank and file will bite at any bait thrown at it. It will be another one of those, "last, best and final offer" which, usually, is followed by another "last, best and final offer.
I hope I've helped you understand.

DS

Fenderbender
<--voted for hoffa

Only because all the APWA cheerleaders hate him

The APWA is going to be good for you when everyone wakes up and sees the truth.The fact that Hoffa spent $3 million of our money to
get 18% of us to vote speaks volumes of credibility issues.

Its partly your fault we have to wait longer.But good always triumphs over evil so its just a matter of time.

I`m not a cheerleader,I just want a better union.

satellitedriver

"....understand this sentence."
I understood it.
The guy is trying to say that by waiting until the very last minute to negotiate, the union has more leverage. If the company thinks we are all in a hurry to negotiate, avoid a strike and get on with life then, in theory, the union rank and file will bite at any bait thrown at it. It will be another one of those, "last, best and final offer" which, usually, is followed by another "last, best and final offer.
I hope I've helped you understand.
Gee thanks 1 trick pony. Now I understand how one renegotiates something early while it is still in negotiation. So, we should use the same old tactics of intimidation instead of negotiation.The sheeple(or union rank and file as you call them) can not be trusted to make decisions for their best interest. Refer back to 97' at Ups's last best offer(the post you responded to) and what the "REAMSTERS" won for us.
I hope I've helped you understand that I understood.

trickpony1

Satellitedriver-
Not all of us can be perfect like you.
I understood what bear123 said. He just didn't use perfect english.
I'm not sure why any of this makes any difference to you as, if I am correct, you are not a union member. You just want to benefit from the collective efforts of the union.

It's all about satellitedriver!

satellitedriver

Satellitedriver-
Not all of us can be perfect like you.
I understood what bear123 said. He just didn't use perfect english.
I'm not sure why any of this makes any difference to you as, if I am correct, you are not a union member. You just want to benefit from the collective efforts of the union.

It's all about satellitedriver!

Me perfect?
Correct maybe, but not perfect.
You are correct.( and from your other posts that is a rarity) I quit the "REAMSTERS" after the strike of 97'.
The difference it makes to me is simple. The union has control over my pension and has control over what type of work I can do after I retire. The promises made by UPS to me have been fulfilled. The promises of the collective efforts of the "REAMSTERS" have not.
I benefit from the fruits of my own labor and always have.
If you choose to kickstep with the party line, Godspeed to you.
Maybe ,my sarcasm will help bear123 realize how to convey his thoughts in a consise manner.
Obviously, it didn't work on you.
When did I ever give the impression that it is all about me?
Even though it is.

brett636

The APWA is going to be good for you when everyone wakes up and sees the truth

I certainly don't see it that way. I watch on this site time and time again how they try to decieve us. Trying to make us believe they are gaining ground when in fact they are not. Lying to me is not going to gain you my support, and when they can't tell the truth on simple matters like their current support base I don't believe they are telling me the truth on anything else.

Gman24

satellitedriver, they just don't get it do they? It's funny how the die hard "Reamster members" always want to stoop to that level and try to make us (TDU members, APWA supporters, anyone that wants reform) the bad guy?????

Also brett636, you sure must be checking out what the APWA has to say if you know that all the things they are saying is not true. In reality you are just hoping all the things they are saying does not come true, because you will then see that what you are supporting is CORRUPTION. Sometimes it has to hit you in the head before it wakes you up.

Last edited:

ups_vette

Me perfect?
Correct maybe, but not perfect.
You are correct.( and from your other posts that is a rarity) I quit the "REAMSTERS" after the strike of 97'.
The difference it makes to me is simple. The union has control over my pension and has control over what type of work I can do after I retire. The promises made by UPS to me have been fulfilled. The promises of the collective efforts of the "REAMSTERS" have not.
I benefit from the fruits of my own labor and always have.
If you choose to kickstep with the party line, Godspeed to you.
Maybe ,my sarcasm will help bear123 realize how to convey his thoughts in a consise manner.
Obviously, it didn't work on you.
When did I ever give the impression that it is all about me?
Even though it is.

satellitedriver.......It's very difficult to have a conversation with Dr Trickpony. The reason is because you never know if the Dr Trickpony you are communicating with is the one with a "college degree plus some", or the one who has already drank his pint of whiskey for the day and beaten hs wife.

Overpaid Union Thug

Gman...usually the people that are die hard "Reamsters" are the same people that lay out once a week, file grievances every time anyone on salary looks at them wrong, gets fired and then rehired for things they would have been canned for permanently (and justified) at other jobs, thinks they don't have to put any effort into their job and depends on the lower seniority guys to pick up the slack because they have "paid their dues", and other such things. So of course they appose the APWA or any other change because if they help dethrown the Reamsters then they are probably giving up being able to get away with all that nonsense. In my shop pretty much everyone is interested in a change whether its the APWA or not. Only the scum of our center wants to keep the Reamsters around so they can continue their pattern of being nothing but dead weight every day and getting away with it. I'm sure there are plenty of people outside of Central States that aren't like that though. Probably allot of people that know, and have seen first hand, the corruption that comes with the IBT but as long as their pensions are secure they are willing to look the other way. I think we had many people just like that here in Central States but after the Pension blew up in their faces they all decided that they have had enough. I am one of those people.

Gman24

Gman...usually the people that are die hard "Reamsters" are the same people that lay out once a week, file grievances every time anyone on salary looks at them wrong, gets fired and then rehired for things they would have been canned for permanently (and justified) at other jobs, thinks they don't have to put any effort into their job and depends on the lower seniority guys to pick up the slack because they have "paid their dues", and other such things. So of course they appose the APWA or any other change because if they help dethrown the Reamsters then they are probably giving up being able to get away with all that nonsense. In my shop pretty much everyone is interested in a change whether its the APWA or not. Only the scum of our center wants to keep the Reamsters around so they can continue their pattern of being nothing but dead weight every day and getting away with it. I'm sure there are plenty of people outside of Central States that aren't like that though. Probably allot of people that know, and have seen first hand, the corruption that comes with the IBT but as long as their pensions are secure they are willing to look the other way. I think we had many people just like that here in Central States but after the Pension blew up in their faces they all decided that they have had enough. I am one of those people.

Right on Brother!!! I must say my feelings are really hurt to be on a "REAMSTERS" ignore list. :lol:

satellitedriver

Maybe if you type it call in CAPS I will see it. :p

My feelings are hurt. Why can't I be on your ignore list? I guess I will just have to file a grievence. Oh, I forgot. I can't file a grievence ,since I do not give $80 a month to the "REAMSTERS".
There is only one problem that goes away if you ignore it and that is your teeth.

satellitedriver

Big Arrow and Gman,
Thanks .
You two give me hope for our future.
Ignorance is one thing, but refusing to address the pressing problems we all face is another.

brett636

My feelings are hurt. Why can't I be on your ignore list? I guess I will just have to file a grievence. Oh, I forgot. I can't file a grievence ,since I do not give $80 a month to the "REAMSTERS".
There is only one problem that goes away if you ignore it and that is your teeth.

If you want to be on my exclusive ignore list you need to start writing incoherent sentences that make unsubstantiated claims. Then you need to start quoting other people who also blindly follow the APWA with stupid quotes like "AMEN [person] AMEN!" I suppose its my fault that this thread turned into an APWA thread, but as far as I can see it the teamsters will be my representation for the short and long term. Thats why I saw it necessary to ignore the sheeple who continue to tow the APWA line since their promises cannot be kept and will never materialize in my lifetime.

Dutch Dawg

How many months have we been seeing teasers for the APWA on this board ? Let me tell you...APWA has yet to make a presence in my town, or the next town or the town after that. Then again... maybe it's cause the only second run theater closed in our town due to lack of interest. Or ain't the APWA an upcoming suspense thriller?

satellitedriver

If you want to be on my exclusive ignore list you need to start writing incoherent sentences that make unsubstantiated claims. Then you need to start quoting other people who also blindly follow the APWA with stupid quotes like "AMEN [person] AMEN!" I suppose its my fault that this thread turned into an APWA thread, but as far as I can see it the teamsters will be my representation for the short and long term. Thats why I saw it necessary to ignore the sheeple who continue to tow the APWA line since their promises cannot be kept and will never materialize in my lifetime.
It's not your fault that this thread turned into a APWA thread. So don't feel guilty. It is The "REAMSTER"S" fault that this should even have to come up as a discussion. Look at what the teamsters represention has done to UPSER's retirement.We at UPS are funding the majority of the teamsters benefits, while having ours reduced. APWA is at least trying to address the problems, not tow a line. From what I have read, APWA has drawn a line in the sand saying enough is enough to the "REAMSTERS". I believe our union should of the UPSER, for the UPSER and by the UPSER. The teamsters have not kept their promises. The sheeple are herded up in the "REAMSTER" barn. Bleating please keep me safe and warm.
Having said all that, I have not done my due deligence in researching APWA to start shouting from the mountain top for them, but I have enough information on the "REAMSTERS"( thru experience) not to support them. Maybe after PEAK I will be able to devote some time to learn more about APWA.
Have you ever noticed? The root word of ignorance is ignore.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I told some people at the barn that the APWA is coming to town. They said "that's all we need, another grocery store". It's like Ross Perot running for President, great ideas for change but never gonna happen. BM

brett636

It's not your fault that this thread turned into a APWA thread. So don't feel guilty. It is The "REAMSTER"S" fault that this should even have to come up as a discussion. Look at what the teamsters represention has done to UPSER's retirement.We at UPS are funding the majority of the teamsters benefits, while having ours reduced. APWA is at least trying to address the problems, not tow a line. From what I have read, APWA has drawn a line in the sand saying enough is enough to the "REAMSTERS". I believe our union should of the UPSER, for the UPSER and by the UPSER. The teamsters have not kept their promises. The sheeple are herded up in the "REAMSTER" barn. Bleating please keep me safe and warm.
Having said all that, I have not done my due deligence in researching APWA to start shouting from the mountain top for them, but I have enough information on the "REAMSTERS"( thru experience) not to support them. Maybe after PEAK I will be able to devote some time to learn more about APWA.
Have you ever noticed? The root word of ignorance is ignore.

What you stated is exactly the problem. All the research you can do on them is what they say on their website and what the other sheeple that follow them say on here. You can't research them because they haven't done anything. When I want to purchase a car I research and talk to people who have owned that model that I want to purchase. When I buy a house I talk to people who have lived or currently live in that neighborhood so I know what I am getting myself into. If I am to vote for another union I need to see what they have accomplished elsewhere before I can even consider them for myself. Catchy slogans, and big promises are only worth the paper they are written on. Politicians do it all the time promising big changes and acting on very few if any of them once they are elected. I don't care what you say you will do, I want to see what you have done. You can only judge them by how they act on here, and even that is a very pathetic showing at best. I have no doubt that some of these people claiming support are operating one or more accounts to make it seem like they have more sheeple supporting them then they actually do. They won't tell you how many people have joined, or how much money they have or are collecting. Although they will tell you that they successfully thwarted a teamsters attempt at organizing the indianapolis UPS frieght hub when in reality they did not. Then they say that they are gaining support across the country, and that I severly doubt as nobody I have talked to has ever heard of them. I can never support them based on just these ideas. I do not care what they have to offer, because their own word has no value to me. These are the things you need to take into consideration when wanting to support such an organization. These issues they propose they can fix are complex issues with big money involved, and nobody will be able to waltz right into the middle of the dance, wave their magic wand, and have an instant solution. Its not that simple.

nospinzone

I think what is relevant to us with these results is the percentage of eligible UPS employees that voted in this election. Any idea where we could find that statistic?