HOFFA TO RETIRE MARCH OF 2022

Up In Smoke

I have zero proof to support the rumor going through our local, but it's been mentioned that UPS guaranteed a large contribution to the health funds for a first vote yes on the contract. The IBT pushed the voting bylaws to obtain the funds.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have zero proof to support the rumor going through our local, but it's been mentioned that UPS guaranteed a large contribution to the health funds for a first vote yes on the contract. The IBT pushed the voting bylaws to obtain the funds.
Our supplement had language that would increase our pension only if voted yes the first time.

Up In Smoke

Our local rider contract talks got shut down and everyone sent home never to talk again once the IBT announced an agreement in principle. I will never understand how one can negotiate a regional and or a local without seeing what's in the master. In all the process has deteriorated each contract since the strike. Give back after give back.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Nobody crossed at my building in 97. We also had a lot of support from other unions. It was amazing how these other company vehicles accidentally broke down in front of the gates .

We had drivers cross and hide out in the back of pkg cars, to help deliver.

Then the volume dried up. We had some hard-core freight guys show up and

caused UPS to file for an injunction to limit the number of picketer's to 4.

We had a lot of fun.

We had drivers cross and hide out in the back of pkg cars, to help deliver.

Then the volume dried up. We had some hard-core freight guys show up and

caused UPS to file for an injunction to limit the number of picketer's to 4.

We had a lot of fun.
We had office people trying to sneak out packages in their personal vehicles. The police made them turn around and go back to the building because they didn't have a DOT card. Lol

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our local rider contract talks got shut down and everyone sent home never to talk again once the IBT announced an agreement in principle. I will never understand how one can negotiate a regional and or a local without seeing what's in the master. In all the process has deteriorated each contract since the strike. Give back after give back.

The contract books keep getting bigger.

Give back after give back ??

Nonsense.