HOFFA TO RETIRE MARCH OF 2022

Up In Smoke

All I will say is;

Saturday and Sunday delivery was going to happen.

When the strike vote total came back.... that was the proverbial "nail in the coffin".
Saturday delivery was never mentioned during the 2013 negotiations I was part of. Thing just kinda appeared from nowhere and implemented in 3 months time

babboo25

Banned
All I will say is;

When the strike vote total came back.... that was the proverbial "nail in the coffin".
Uh WUT???!! Union can do nothing about Saturday and Sundays, not sure what you mean by that. UPS can run 24/7 and the union can do absolutely nothing about it.

All I will say is;

I realize the business is changing but you do have to agree that we need better 22.4 language
It's bad enough they get 2nd class pay but they also don't have 9.5 protection, that's not right!

Up In Smoke

I believe supplements could have cleaned up and or nullified the bad parts of that article given the chance. The forced and voided vote took care of that. Locals pushed the speaking points and members failed to rally and hit the thresholds, so we take our medicine and look to the future.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
They didn't want to watch the embarrassing spectacle of all the UPS people

that would have crossed the picket line....

It’s pathetic. I am not a teamster but during our last IAM election our steward was suggesting to vote no on a strike authorizing vote.. WTF? Don’t they understand the message that sends to the company

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have zero proof to support the rumor going through our local, but it's been mentioned that UPS guaranteed a large contribution to the health funds for a first vote yes on the contract. The IBT pushed the voting bylaws to obtain the funds.

all starting to make sense

542thruNthru

Saturday delivery was never mentioned during the 2013 negotiations I was part of. Thing just kinda appeared from nowhere and implemented in 3 months time

T-S schedules have been in many supplmental contracts for a lot longer then 2013. There was nothing to negotiate. The company had the ability to start delivering on Saturdays when they wanted to.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It’s pathetic. I am not a teamster but during our last IAM election our steward was suggesting to vote no on a strike authorizing vote.. WTF? Don’t they understand the message that sends to the company
iam has proven to be almost equal to the IBT, though. Not in a good way. Just 30 seconds searching on google reveals the shady practices. Collusion/corruption

ManInBrown

To much money involved. This isn’t the 90s. Doesn’t matter who takes over. UPS will buy them. The clause that a certain percentage of people need to vote for it to stand needs to be tossed.

a911scanner

They didn't want to watch the embarrassing spectacle of all the UPS people

that would have crossed the picket line....

Red X.jpg

You rarely have anything nice to say. Why don't you just quit already if it's that bad?

And you wonder why any UPSer continues to challenge you or our union. Could it be that we get treated like this at every turn?

Please, take your ball and go home.

(Or do something productive, like figuring out how to get more Teamsters to vote, like I mentioned to you before, instead of incessantly blaming the failures of this contract on that singular issue)

Up In Smoke

T-S schedules have been in many supplmental contracts for a lot longer then 2013. There was nothing to negotiate. The company had the ability to start delivering on Saturdays when they wanted to.
We received the 90 day change of operation on March 1 and started delivering in June. In between there were many negotiations. Preferred schedules, if someone wanted to work TS, how would it be done and what was the duration. Reduction/elimination of air drivers and redefining of Art 40 as it pertains to relaxed commit times. Training on Saturdays and the use of SDV, seasonal or pre-seniority drivers before all seniority drivers were given a work opportunity, ei 6th day punch. Start times, the company wanted a later start because of relaxed air commit times. A 6th day punch opportunity for local sort, car wash and air shuttle. These are just a few items we negotiated, would have been nice to have these items included in the 2013 local rider.

M

MenInBrown

I have zero proof to support the rumor going through our local, but it's been mentioned that UPS guaranteed a large contribution to the health funds for a first vote yes on the contract. The IBT pushed the voting bylaws to obtain the funds.

That is illegal.