Hold All Tickets!!!

browned out

Hopefully it is true. I have only seen it mentioned on the TU and TDU websites. There has been no mention of it on the Teamsters Parcel Division section of the Teamsters website. No mention of it on UPS rising website. And no mass text from UPSRising. The Hoffa/Hall/Taylor regime remains silent on the issue.

Let's see how UPSRising spins it.

Hoffa/Hall/Taylor understood that there were significant, viable legal issues facing them if they imposed (forced) this BS upon Western PA and Metro Detroit. Legal challenges not only from Local Union leaders but all NLRB actions from individual UPS teamster members.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hopefully it is true. I have only seen it mentioned on the TU and TDU websites. There has been no mention of it on the Teamsters Parcel Division section of the Teamsters website. No mention of it on UPS rising website. And no mass text from UPSRising. The Hoffa/Hall/Taylor regime remains silent on the issue.

Let's see how UPSRising spins it.

Hoffa/Hall/Taylor understood that there were significant, viable legal issues facing them if they imposed (forced) this BS upon Western PA and Metro Detroit. Legal challenges not only from Local Union leaders but all NLRB actions from individual UPS teamster members.
In all fairness, which is always my mission, it was never reported in any fashion on any official Teamster website, incuding UPSRising and it's apps?

Can this "newsflash" be considered more of a retraction, than a scoop???

How do you spin what was never clearly uttered?

browned out

In all fairness, which is always my mission, it was never reported in any fashion on any official Teamster website, incuding UPSRising and it's apps?

Hoping against hope here in 243. We want to believe what was reported on TDU and TU is true. No updates on the UPS Rising Facebook page since March 5th. No mention from the Teamsters about the meeting of the GEB that supposedly took place on 03-20. Why are we still not informed?

I should have stated: I can't wait to see how UPSRising/Teamsters.org spins this if it is true.

We are still very skeptical here in Metro Detroit. We still do not trust the 243 leadership. They kept us in the dark. We still believe that a lot more is going on behind the scenes.

That said; the longer we as Teamsters can delay this garbage, concessionary contract; the better.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
DT obviously has no intention on improving the negotiations, he was going to force the last one on the members.
I can't see how you send HIM back to the table !!!!!!

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
DT obviously has no intention on improving the negotiations, he was going to force the last one on the members.
I can't see how you send HIM back to the table !!!!!!
It’s easy. He goes back says hello to ups, ups follows up with a hello back. Ole buddy Dennis comes back and says sorry guys this is the best we got ups won’t budge.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I believe yesterday was the quarterly GEB meeting.

Must have been some discussion and a vote ?

Team89

Let's get these people a good contract and get this thing rolling! IBT has all this time to negotiate decent contracts and here we are waiting what will probably be a year afterwards. 2021 there needs to be a change.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Let's get these people a good contract and get this thing rolling! IBT has all this time to negotiate decent contracts and here we are waiting what will probably be a year afterwards. 2021 there needs to be a change.

Why are members of your Local asking Fred Z for a refund of $1.5 million in dues ?

And, what about that group wanting out of Local 89 for misrepresentation ?

Superteeth2478

That’s what I was thinking.... let ups owe the members 3 billion in back pay... lol.. see how the company spins that with the shareholders...lol
You realize that by holding the money UPS is able to invest it and get returns on it that we can't get because we don't have the money we were owed since August 1st, 2018? UPS is making out like a bandit with what is essentially an interest-free loan from the workers.

Ifixbrokenthings

Nor/mal, I identify as default settings
I already have a down payment on a new house AFTER taxes as it is. Guess the wife and I will be setting our sights higher as the weeks go on.