Hold All Tickets!!!

F

Frankie's Friend

RPCD's can and always have been used for "volume fluctuations", what's changed?
Never said the language changed for RPCDs.
I was talking about the expansion of vacation (sdv) drivers used for volume fluctuations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackofnotrades

You realize that by holding the money UPS is able to invest it and get returns on it that we can't get because we don't have the money we were owed since August 1st, 2018? UPS is making out like a bandit with what is essentially an interest-free loan from the workers.
But, isn't it at all possible that there could be a class action lawsuit asking for any interest made by UPS off of owed back pay? Stupid question, probably

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
You never said what those "2 things" were???

....and btw, seasonal and vacation replacement language have been expanding their scope and time frames for multiple contracts and we should have absolutely cared.

Expanding this so-called "two tier" system to 12 months of the year (from a little over 6 months in my region) through 22.4 driving jobs is not OK only serves to sell out the unborn....again.

But hey we got our's, right???

SMH

My 2 concerns that forced my no vote were technology changes and package driver working 70 hours for almost 3 months. I see the company using the language to start issuing discipline for sitting too long(in their opinion), off route, general production issues. They already try to hold guys accountable for the sensors which are screwed up regularly. Right now those behaviors have to be observed before discipline.
The other is 70 hours. Way too long for package. You can do it in feeders IMHO but it gets sketchy even then. A package driver that spends 60-70 hours is so spent even for a day or 2 that he/ she is a hazard on the road. The public and employees don't deserve that. With that giveaway, they can under hire and kill guys which has already happend.