Hold All Tickets!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You realize that by holding the money UPS is able to invest it and get returns on it that we can't get because we don't have the money we were owed since August 1st, 2018? UPS is making out like a bandit with what is essentially an interest-free loan from the workers.
Those "gains" will be dwarfed by those realized when the 22.4 classification takes effect.
I suspect UPS is anxiously awaiting the opportunity to pay us our retro pay and utilize $20/hr 22.4 ground drivers in lieu of $55/hr OT regular package car drivers.

Get ready to tighten up your purse strings people.

Superteeth2478

Those "gains" will be dwarfed by those realized when the 22.4 classification takes effect.
I suspect UPS is anxiously awaiting the opportunity to pay us our retro pay and utilize $20/hr 22.4 ground drivers in lieu of $55/hr OT regular package car drivers.

That's true as well. UPS wins and the workers lose in both situations. Well, when it happens I'll LOVE to say "I told you so". Especially to the stewards that were pushing a "YES" vote in my hub.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

They have to use relief drivers first....

Hofficer Hater

I believe yesterday was the quarterly GEB meeting.

Must have been some discussion and a vote ?

An informal conference call was held between Hoffa and the 16 eboard members that weren't TU or Sean O'Brien. He learned that he did not have the 12 GEB votes to impose the last two supplements.

Several suggested it was not only political suicide for their own careers as officers, but that the vote of those who voted overwhelmingly to reject their supplement should be respected.

Ron H of Southern California who voted against the imposition suggested that Denis T go back to the table and help them land a good contract.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Exploit the cheaper labor. They have no 9.5 protection and they have a 90 minute lunch
Is it going to be cheap for them to buy more trucks, maintenance on them, uniforms, pensions, healthcare, etc, etc??? I’m not as concerned now because if they hire a :censored2:load of 22.4’s right off the bat it could cost them dearly. I’m more concerned about the next contract or the one after that in regards to this classification of driver....when they want 50%, 75% of the center be these types of drivers.....

Is it going to be cheap for them to buy more trucks, maintenance on them, uniforms, pensions, healthcare, etc, etc??? I’m not as concerned now because if they hire a :censored2:load of 22.4’s right off the bat it could cost them dearly. I’m more concerned about the next contract or the one after that in regards to this classification of driver....when they want 50%, 75% of the center be these types of drivers.....
Last contract was about health care, this one was about two tier wages and the next one will be about the pensions.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He means they will take away our overtime and beat the snot out of them
Think about it.... if it was cheaper to run more routes with brand new inexpensive RPCD then they would have been doing this YEARS ago.....and they didn’t do this... I think we have to wait and see what happens here... settle your old ass down spanky!!!