Holiday pay

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Can they say you have to work the work day before and after a holiday to receive holiday pay? This doesn't seem right
So I guess you are that one guy who doesn't read the contract.

In the Central it is either the day before or after.

One (1) of the qualifications is that regular seniority employees
must complete the regularly scheduled workday which immediately precedes or follows the holiday, except in cases of proven illness
or unless the absence is mutually agreed to.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
crappy rule. my local just requires working at least two days of the holiday week or zero days (comp/disability/vacation) to get paid for the holiday and a oph is considered a punch for the day when it comes to this. bang friday then monday is a holiday then bang tuesday and oph wed and thurs and then maybe work 12 hours friday and get paid for everything including OT. and you guys bitch bout this job! lol

Johney

Been that way as long as I've worked here. You have to work one or the other can't call out for both to get paid.

Last edited:

MattM

It's much like how we maintain health insurance. I believe for my local you need one compensable day of work per week to maintain health insurance. Thats basically any workable punch or paid time off including sick days, option days, and FMLA. I'm not sure about vacation weeks. Our building has a half dozen on vacation this week. If they get paid out two weeks in advance, is there any verifiable hours showing up for this week?

They let off Quite a few guys today too. Most are scheduled off. They may have some issues. Everyone else was smart and used option days or personal days. Heck even calling in sick is better than unpaid time off. If you are ever unclear, use sick or option days near or around holidays.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We have to work the day before and after to get holiday pay. A few rookies screwed up and called in sick today, probably from being hungover/dehydrated. They will be bummed out when they see they don't get holiday pay.

We have to work the day before and after to get holiday pay. A few rookies screwed up and called in sick today, probably from being hungover/dehydrated. They will be bummed out when they see they don't get holiday pay.
They just need a Dr. Note saying they were too hung over to work.