HOMETOWN HELPERS: UPS driver in NYC secures thousands of medical masks to protect coworkers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
HOMETOWN HELPERS: UPS driver in NYC secures thousands of medical masks to protect coworkers and customers from coronavirus - MSN

A New York UPS driver delivered big-time for his coworkers — and the city at large.

Like most package delivery workers who’ve remained on the job as coronavirus continues to spread, Robert Santana has been concerned about his safety as well as colleagues who interact with customers without basic protective gear like medical masks.

Last Tuesday, Santana — with a huge assist from his Teamsters union rep — turned a routine pickup at one of his stops into a potentially live-saving deal.

DriverNerd

I hope the people that were supposed to receive those masks weren't medical professionals, because to me they are more important than us in this pandemic. If the other buyers are just random industrial customers, then hats off to this guy for being so proactive.

rod

Retired 22 years
Shame on UPS for apparently not giving a crap about their workers safety. Preach all the "safety " you want all year long but when the :censored2: hits the fan you can't even come up with some hand sanitizer for your troops. May all upper management rot in hell.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FT drivers make $80K+ per year. If they really feel that they need hand sanitizer they can easily afford to buy some.

Warehouses are dirty by nature. Wash your hands when you can, don't touch your face and limit those who handle your DIAD. Beyond that, there is not a whole lot that the company can (or should) do.