Hope this isn't a mis-sort ... NEW GUY (25yr old)

JustAnotherMike

"The best short-cut is to take the long way."
After browsing this forum for a good month or so I decided it would be a good idea to join this "group".

Background. went to school on/off for 5 years (couldn't find a major that truly interested me). Came home from a university after two years when my father became ill and helped run our family "junk yard". since he's been doing better i finished up community college and worked part-time as a server/waiter.

about 5 weeks ago I decided to apply for UPS as my ex-girlfriends father always told me I should do . Long story short I ended up in the sorters and really didn't mind it, considering I need benefits next year. (about to be 26 and will be taken off family plan)
3 weeks ago my uncle was talking to his neighbor(longtime family friend) who has been with UPS for 28+ years.
Again, long story short, He got me in (NJ) as a Full-time Permanent package driver. Luckily I wasn't a sorter for 30 days so i didn't enter the union. If i entered the union I was told I would have to wait a year to start driving. Passed my road test on Wednesday (short route around town followed by a nice reverse job into the dock), I've been driving stick at the junk yard since i was about 14 so it was a breeze. Today I went for my DOT physical and I start school on Monday.
Im very excited to start(as I'm sure most were at this point). I can't wait to get the school out of the way and have a "Locked Career" . Im used to working 10-15 hour days at the family business and don't mind a hard days work.

Bring on the questions ! ... .. or doubt that I'm making this all up, I'm expecting that :)

Future

Victory Ride
:bsbullf::bsbullf::bsbullf:
After browsing this forum for a good month or so I decided it would be a good idea to join this "group".

Background. went to school on/off for 5 years (couldn't find a major that truly interested me). Came home from a university after two years when my father became ill and helped run our family "junk yard". since he's been doing better i finished up community college and worked part-time as a server/waiter.

about 5 weeks ago I decided to apply for UPS as my ex-girlfriends father always told me I should do . Long story short I ended up in the sorters and really didn't mind it, considering I need benefits next year. (about to be 26 and will be taken off family plan)
3 weeks ago my uncle was talking to his neighbor(longtime family friend) who has been with UPS for 28+ years.
Again, long story short, He got me in (NJ) as a Full-time Permanent package driver. Luckily I wasn't a sorter for 30 days so i didn't enter the union. If i entered the union I was told I would have to wait a year to start driving. Passed my road test on Wednesday (short route around town followed by a nice reverse job into the dock), I've been driving stick at the junk yard since i was about 14 so it was a breeze. Today I went for my DOT physical and I start school on Monday.
Im very excited to start(as I'm sure most were at this point). I can't wait to get the school out of the way and have a "Locked Career" . Im used to working 10-15 hour days at the family business and don't mind a hard days work.

Bring on the questions ! ... .. or doubt that I'm making this all up, I'm expecting that :)

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

about
Man you might not want these guys to ask YOU questions.....
you might not want to have a picture of yourself and your girl as your avatar....

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
IMG_1975.jpg
I am the girl