Hopefully everyone's Friday goes better than mine

DriverNerd

I had the water pump go on my old truck while on the highway in. Started to smell something funny and it was getting dark. Then I saw people behind me getting FAR away from me.. From their headlights I could see the steam pouring out behind my truck - it looked like it was on fire. Pulled over, saw liquid pouring out, called the mechanic. He said "oh there's a :censored2:load of coolant in these things, just drive it in and right into the shop". As I drove through the yard I had a good tail. Driver's asked me if my truck was on fire. Yeah, buddy, I'm driving a truck that's on fire. :rolleyes:

A

Article 3

I had the water pump go on my old truck while on the highway in. Started to smell something funny and it was getting dark. Then I saw people behind me getting FAR away from me.. From their headlights I could see the steam pouring out behind my truck - it looked like it was on fire. Pulled over, saw liquid pouring out, called the mechanic. He said "oh there's a :censored2:load of coolant in these things, just drive it in and right into the shop". As I drove through the yard I had a good tail. Driver's asked me if my truck was on fire. Yeah, buddy, I'm driving a truck that's on fire. :rolleyes:
Good thing it's summertime. Your windows would've steamed over on the inside if your doors were closed and the weather was cold.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
BEFORE

IMG_1396.JPG

AFTER

IMG_1397.JPG

DID NOT WORK SO WELL.
Brake hard line. This was the way mechanic decided to fix it. This on a truck that has less than 20 grand on it. I explained in no uncertain terms that brakes are a much needed item on a vehicle checklist for working systems.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
BEFORE

View attachment 150465

AFTER

View attachment 150466

DID NOT WORK SO WELL.
Brake hard line. This was the way mechanic decided to fix it. This on a truck that has less than 20 grand on it. I explained in no uncertain terms that brakes are a much needed item on a vehicle checklist for working systems.
I remember one time I blew a rear tire on a very rural route. I called my supervisor and since it would take 3+ hours for a tow truck to come get me, he suggested I drive the 20 miles to the nearest town to get a local shop to fix it. Not only was I missing a tire, but he said while driving the worst that would happen would be the brake lines snap. I replied in amazement that I kind of need brakes to stop, to which he replied "You have a parking brake right?"

This company is all about safety!

I remember one time I blew a rear tire on a very rural route. I called my supervisor and since it would take 3+ hours for a tow truck to come get me, he suggested I drive the 20 miles to the nearest town to get a local shop to fix it. Not only was I missing a tire, but he said while driving the worst that would happen would be the brake lines snap. I replied in amazement that I kind of need brakes to stop, to which he replied "You have a parking brake right?"

This company is all about safety!
They should have had the tire shop do a road call. If the tire was totally gone, then you would bo ok.