Hour lunch break package drivers.

ikoi62

Some places its a hour lunch. people were complaining about give backs in this contract..why would you want to give back a half hour to the company? they will give you 15 more stops to do..15 stop times 60 drivers in one of our centers equals 900 stops divided up would get about 6 mores drivers in the center.

Indecisi0n

If you guys think that going from an hour to a half is going to get you home faster then you my friends are....stupid. It might work one day but after that dispatch will be adjust accordingly.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The company WANTS a forced 1 hour lunch in the contract because it knows that a significant percentage of the drivers will skip all or part of their lunch in order to get home to their families before 10 at night. Its all about getting free labor. I am glad to have the option of taking 1/2 hour if I choose to do so.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Any time that I give during my lunch time I get back in bonus....and then some. I would rather get home that much sooner.
Now before all you all chime in and say I am a runner/gunner, think again. I work 12 nearly every day.

By The Book

We only have 30min lunches in Cali , man I wish we got an hour would be a really good nap
I hear if your in nor cal that the supplement was changed to take out the must take a min half hour to say " must take one hour ". I don't know if this would put more drivers on or not. I guess if the local enforced it it might. It might get a lot of guys to opt in on the 9.5 list.

By The Book

Any time that I give during my lunch time I get back in bonus....and then some. I would rather get home that much sooner.
Now before all you all chime in and say I am a runner/gunner, think again. I work 12 nearly every day.
How much do you average in bonus time? Could you get on the 9.5 list? A lot of drivers complain about these long hours, but won't do anything about it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No one's coming in earlier if they cut your lunch from an hour to 30 minutes. It would be legally abused by management to use less drivers. WAKE UP PEOPLE

excited.gif

feeder05

in our local contract we are allowed to take a 30 min lunch. if you call for help management will instruct for you to take 30 min. technically they have to tell you before you leave the building. most drivers take then every day just to shorten their day. should ask your BA if that is in your local contracts.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our language is for a one hour lunch but there are a few drivers, including myself, that have 30 minute approved lunches. I don't know what the criteria is for the 30 minute approved, I just bid a route that was already approved.But as I'VE said, opt in the 9.5 and file when they don't comply. 30 minutes or 60 minutes lunch, 9.5 hours is 9.5 hours.

brown metal coffin

No..... You would not be getting off any earlier. Management would add 20 more stops to your planned day.

It's my personal preference to get done as soon as I can. The times that its torture for me is when I take my lunch at the end of the day. I would much rather prefer being home with my family than hanging out in the mcdonalds parking lot or wherever surfing the web waiting for that time to go by so that I didn't give them not one dime for free that day. To the above point; I believe its a double edged sword and they would definitely fill that time with something extra to do. Darned if you do and darned if you don't. Thats when I fluff up one of those LL Bean bags and go nighty night...

It's my personal preference to get done as soon as I can. The times that its torture for me is when I take my lunch at the end of the day. I would much rather prefer being home with my family than hanging out in the mcdonalds parking lot or wherever surfing the web waiting for that time to go by so that I didn't give them not one dime for free that day. To the above point; I believe its a double edged sword and they would definitely fill that time with something extra to do. Darned if you do and darned if you don't. Thats when I fluff up one of those LL Bean bags and go nighty night...
No fluffing,In the truck!

Cementups

Box Monkey

You'll never believe this but.......most of us want to get home to our families as well. It's not just you.

brown metal coffin

I think I just fainted and hit my head.... Yes I am aware most folks want to get home to their families. I was just throwing out there that I am for a shorter lunch so that I could achieve that goal quicker. I am also aware that not everyone has the same life situation and are fine with being out there longer.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
How much do you average in bonus time? Could you get on the 9.5 list? A lot of drivers complain about these long hours, but won't do anything about it.

Meeting 9.5 is not a concern for me right now. I bonus 1 to 1.5 hrs a day. Somedays I feel like there is no time to take a break.
Our center has exploded. They have hired 5 new drivers and yet the veterans are still slammed everyday. We have a unique work group. We work hard and get the work done. There are few complainers.....usually the new hires if there are any

By The Book

Meeting 9.5 is not a concern for me right now. I bonus 1 to 1.5 hrs a day. Somedays I feel like there is no time to take a break.
Our center has exploded. They have hired 5 new drivers and yet the veterans are still slammed everyday. We have a unique work group. We work hard and get the work done. There are few complainers.....usually the new hires if there are any
How many routes does your center run on average?