Hour lunch break package drivers.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Had a PCM about taking the full hour lunch the other day... talking about drivers clocking in and going to fill their ice buckets/chests on the clock..... That should be part of your meal period...
a driver asked about the guys that clock out for lunch and run stops off.. center manager wouldn't acknowledge that and reiterated the filling of ice chests/water jugs...
I do that on the way into the building in the morning, but I can see how an argument could be made to do it on the clock as they are always preaching drinking so much water and staying hydrated.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have noticed that packages for the southeastern part of RI are sent to a hub in MA for processing.
RI is pretty tiny and it's center is in Warwick, less than a mile from the airport. CHEMA (Chelmsford, MA) night shift acts as a hub for the northern states and takes NH, ME, VT, etc but I don't believe they are a direct hub for RI. I used to sort RI stuff when I worked inside but can't remember for the life of me where we sent their stuff.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had a PCM about taking the full hour lunch the other day... talking about drivers clocking in and going to fill their ice buckets/chests on the clock..... That should be part of your meal period...
a driver asked about the guys that clock out for lunch and run stops off.. center manager wouldn't acknowledge that and reiterated the filling of ice chests/water jugs...

Filling ice buckets/chests should not be done on the clock.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

RI is pretty tiny and it's center is in Warwick, less than a mile from the airport. CHEMA (Chelmsford, MA) night shift acts as a hub for the northern states and takes NH, ME, VT, etc but I don't believe they are a direct hub for RI. I used to sort RI stuff when I worked inside but can't remember for the life of me where we sent their stuff.

Attleborough

FilingBluesFL

Any chance the Union and UPS would agree on reducing the hour lunch break to 30 minutes? I take my hour lunch everyday ( I learned a long time ago to never work for free), but it is torture.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You're obviously not taking your lunch with the right man.... erm... woman...

Person.

Or you don't last long lol

wayfair

swollen member
I didn't say that.
But since you avoided the question center manager was asked in my post, I'm thinking you probably do run stops while punched out for lunch

Bake2141

We have reduced break times they put more stops n cut more trips. Take the break in middle of day if u want more trips. Don't drink UPS kool aid

Sent using BrownCafe App

Who's stealing time now?

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownArmy

I would love the option to only take a half an hour lunch - here it's one hour.

On a side note, we must get approval to use code 05 - don't get it very often.