Hours Guarantee

dachmo

Hi everyone.

This was my first full week as a p/t loader. I was sent home after 45min on Thursday because there was no flow. I was wondering if I'm guaranteed the 3.5 hours or if that doesn't apply until I get my seniority. I'm Local 177.

Thanks.

Nimnim

The Nim
Until you get your seniority you have no rights under the contract. Bide your time and bust your ass til you get seniority then you can demand your 3.5 guarantee and grieve if it's not given.

Edit: At least you got some time for the day so it counts as a report towards your seniority.

P

pickup

Until you get your seniority you have no rights under the contract. Bide your time and bust your ass til you get seniority then you can demand your 3.5 guarantee and grieve if it's not given.

Edit: At least you got some time for the day so it counts as a report towards your seniority.

Unfortunately the freeze period will begin on Oct 15 before the Original Poster will obtain his seniority. So basically he will be subject to this bs at least until sometime in January.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hi everyone.

This was my first full week as a p/t loader. I was sent home after 45min on Thursday because there was no flow. I was wondering if I'm guaranteed the 3.5 hours or if that doesn't apply until I get my seniority. I'm Local 177.

Thanks.
No Flo?
tumblr_nnknfrvHfR1snid1vo1_500.png

Indecisi0n

Hi everyone.

Thanks.
I been sent away by the girl for heavy flow. It happens.

Nimnim

The Nim
Unfortunately the freeze period will begin on Oct 15 before the Original Poster will obtain his seniority. So basically he will be subject to this bs at least until sometime in January.

Yeah, I didn't pay attention to the fact they said it was their first week and what todays date was. Sorry Dachmo, you're screwed until probably February.

Daf

This would depend on his supplement. In the central all his time will count because he did not start in a free period.

I have somewhat of a similar issue. I’ve been swing driving for 1.3 years now and drive Tuesday -Saturday except this week I wasn’t put on route and open for 4 days in a row. I know I have seniority on at least 15 drivers there and most were all on route .. I’m :censored2:ed on bills this month , yeah I know I could’ve bumped on a route but that’s not what I should have to do to achieve 40hrs. I should be on route close to everyday . Will a union stemward be able to get help here?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have somewhat of a similar issue. I’ve been swing driving for 1.3 years now and drive Tuesday -Saturday except this week I wasn’t put on route and open for 4 days in a row. I know I have seniority on at least 15 drivers there and most were all on route .. I’m :censored2:ed on bills this month , yeah I know I could’ve bumped on a route but that’s not what I should have to do to achieve 40hrs. I should be on route close to everyday . Will a union stemward be able to get help here?

If you want to work your gonna have to bump

Or keep whining...

lolbr

You have to ask for your guarantee if they tell you they don't have work for you. If you just go home without saying anything you are "agreeing to go home with no pay". If you ask for the guarantee, they will magically find work for you.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
You are in your 30 Days probationary period. The Union cannot do any for you unless its really out there. I was sent home early my first 3 days I preload till they found out I was a beast. Work at a safe and comfortable pace. Show enough but dont show to much...otherwise they will work you silly.