Hours of service?

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Does a paid day (holiday day, personnel day, etc.) count towards hours of service available? My assumption is that if you work the Saturday after a holiday. That will be a sixth punch and you need 8 hours available, not be forced in under Article 26.sec 5.

OVERBOARD

A sixth punch is a day you aren’t scheduled to work. So Monday is a holiday if you come in and work this Saturday it’s still time and a half.
That is great but where does it say that in the New England Supplement or is it just pass practice. Also the holiday still doesn’t count towards your hours of service. Thanks

DriverNerd

That is great but where does it say that in the New England Supplement or is it just pass practice. Also the holiday still doesn’t count towards your hours of service. Thanks

Section 3 (a) Any employee who is called or reports as scheduled, unless advised not to report, shall be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours’ work or pay. (b) All employees required to report for work on the sixth (6th) report in a payroll period shall be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours’ work at their applicable premium rate of time and one half (1 1/2). All full-time seniority employees hired after July 31, 1987, on their sixth (6th) and seventh (7th) report in a payroll peri...

DriverNerd

Section 3 (a) Any employee who is called or reports as scheduled, unless advised not to report, shall be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours’ work or pay. (b) All employees required to report for work on the sixth (6th) report in a payroll period shall be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours’ work at their applicable premium rate of time and one half (1 1/2). All full-time seniority employees hired after July 31, 1987, on their sixth (6th) and seventh (7th) report in a payroll peri...

I know I'm quoting myself here, but I couldn't find any better wording in the New England Supplement - I also didn't spend a lot of time looking.

In the central it's very clear:
Section 8 In a scheduled workweek in which there is a paid holiday, the guaranteed workweek shall be thirty-two (32) hours; in any scheduled workweek in which there are two (2) paid holidays, the guaranteed workweek shall be twenty-four (24) hours, etc. For hours worked in excess of thirty-two (32) or twenty-four (24) hours in a week, as applicable, an employee shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) time the regular straight-time rate, provided the holiday or holidays fall within the scheduled workweek.

Also:
UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

for all the contracts/supplements

OVERBOARD

So if a non-scheduled workday counts as a six punch. I’m throwing out a hypothetical here. If I took a couple of days off unpaid during the week (Monday through Friday.) and decided to work Saturday that would be overtime for all hours worked that day?

over9five

Staff member
So if a non-scheduled workday counts as a six punch. I’m throwing out a hypothetical here. If I took a couple of days off unpaid during the week (Monday through Friday.) and decided to work Saturday that would be overtime for all hours worked that day?
Yes. Or, at least in NE.