Housing Bubble Caused by Greedy Capitalists?

whose fault is the housing bubble?

• house flippers

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • poor people

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
yea i blame the system
Of course.

can i call in sick without getting fired or refuse the shift frequently? no
That mean employer, forcing you to take a job that you couldn't adjust your schedule around.

is taking a taxi economically reasonable? no
More reasonable than a head-on crash.

btw this happens all the time. ppl come off night shifts which they dont want to do for reasons i just listed, and they are driving home head bobbing worse than being drunk.
I've worked plenty of jobs on graveyard shifts. I always slept wheb I needed to outside of work. One time I had to drive three hours to a gig then drive home at about 3 am. I stopped at a 24 coffee stand and got a quad shot espresso drink. I still had trouble staying awake. I pulled in to a rest stop and got about a 45 minute nap. Got back on the road, made it home safe. I didn't like having to do that, so I got a better job.

do you think theres law enforcement to catch these guys? no. do you know why? bc its bad for profits and cops and the fake news dont want to end the status quo
What law was being broken? Having work that needs to be done and paying people to do it? Those monsters.

Box Ox

no you havent and ur FOS

Dunno what to tell ya there comrade. Facts are facts.

heres another easy solution: you have shorter shifts that end at 230 am or whatevers good. or dont force workers to come in if they dont want to. i believe its called "voluntaryism" and US libertarians like the word

That's a little boy's view of work. 8 hours is nothing and you don't get to tell your company that you only want to work when you feel like it.

rickyb

Dunno what to tell ya there comrade. Facts are facts.

That's a little boy's view of work. 8 hours is nothing and you don't get to tell your company that you only want to work when you feel like it.
cant moneybags corporations take the heat?

rickyb

Of course.

That mean employer, forcing you to take a job that you couldn't adjust your schedule around.

More reasonable than a head-on crash.

I've worked plenty of jobs on graveyard shifts. I always slept wheb I needed to outside of work. One time I had to drive three hours to a gig then drive home at about 3 am. I stopped at a 24 coffee stand and got a quad shot espresso drink. I still had trouble staying awake. I pulled in to a rest stop and got about a 45 minute nap. Got back on the road, made it home safe. I didn't like having to do that, so I got a better job.

What law was being broken? Having work that needs to be done and paying people to do it? Those monsters.
driving while tired. going to work while tired on the railway. both illegal. but "where the rule of law ends, tyranny begins"

apparently no one can adjust their schedule around it. market failure? yes and regulatory failure too.

im not going to have kids because theres no future for them. were almost nuking ourselves in case you missed it. and im not paying for a 3 br or a place big enough so theres space between the kids and us. i think u :censored2:ed up man.

no one is going to pay for a taxi.

Box Ox

cant moneybags corporations take the heat?

Probably wouldn’t make much business sense for most blue collar employers to offer the kind of full time pay and benefits you’d likely expect to man babies who don’t want to work 8 hours and only want to work when they feel like it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
oil is a "progress trap". its like pushing a herd off a cliff and then you have nothing to hunt. oil and consumerism in moderation could have been a good thing, but we overdid it and were headed towards a huge bust.
It was the indiscriminate shooting buffalo that diminished the herds.

its going to be barbarity.
On one hand, in lefty theory, this could happen in decades. On the other hand the lefty solution is to make it happen by the end of the decade. Assuming lefties are right, I think the first option is better.

i agree the system wants pt employees...depending on the job. i worked at a union car rental and they treated the casuals like :censored2:, they lost their seniority from lay off and had to start at lowest pay scale if they rehired i think, they threatened them with being fired for not being flexible enough even the hot ones. this system is a giant power corruption.
Sounds like a terrible place to work. Only people who can handle working there should. Others should get healthcare gigs, I guess.

rickyb

It was the indiscriminate shooting buffalo that diminished the herds.

On one hand, in lefty theory, this could happen in decades. On the other hand the lefty solution is to make it happen by the end of the decade. Assuming lefties are right, I think the first option is better.

Sounds like a terrible place to work. Only people who can handle working there should. Others should get healthcare gigs, I guess.
and yet most guys working there couldnt handle it. market failure and regulatory failure.

dont worry capitalist imperialism will possibly have us nuked before the end of the decade.

even if what you said is true about the buffalo, thats another "progress trap"

rickyb

Probably wouldn’t make much business sense for most blue collar employers to offer the kind of full time pay and benefits you’d likely expect to man babies who don’t want to work 8 hours and only want to work when they feel like it.
whats so expensive about splitting a shift into 4 hours or having a pool of workers?

railways cant afford it? lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
im not going to have kids because theres no future for them. were almost nuking ourselves in case you missed it. and im not paying for a 3 br or a place big enough so theres space between the kids and us. i think u :censored2:ed up man.

My kids are awesome. My genes will spread long after the apocalypse and your genes have encountered a dead end.

rickyb

My kids are awesome. My genes will spread long after the apocalypse and your genes have encountered a dead end.
whats the point of bringing future generations into a world where theyre miserable? have a dog instead; you dont need anything bigger than a studio and civilization might still exist before they die. just tell ur kids u :censored2:ed up.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
and yet most guys working there couldnt handle it. market failure and regulatory failure.
When they ran out of employees they would either fold or change their ways.

dont worry capitalist imperialism will possibly have us nuked before the end of the decade.
It sounds like the solution you're hoping for.

even if what you said is true about the buffalo, thats another "progress trap"
No, the white man did it on purpose in retaliation to starve the natives for raids on white settlements and massacres of white settlers and homesteaders.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
whats the point of bringing future generations into a world where theyre miserable? have a dog instead; you dont need anything bigger than a studio and civilization might still exist before they die. just tell ur kids u :censored2:ed up.

They'll be part of the reconstruction, and live long, purposeful and happy lives.

rickyb

When they ran out of employees they would either fold or change their ways.

It sounds like the solution you're hoping for.

No, the white man did it on purpose in retaliation to starve the natives for raids on white settlements and massacres of white settlers and homesteaders.
the economy is garbage theres always a new supply of "associates"

vantexan

yea i blame the system

can i call in sick without getting fired or refuse the shift frequently? no

is taking a taxi economically reasonable? no

btw this happens all the time. ppl come off night shifts which they dont want to do for reasons i just listed, and they are driving home head bobbing worse than being drunk.

do you think theres law enforcement to catch these guys? no. do you know why? bc its bad for profits and cops and the fake news dont want to end the status quo
Dude I worked nights for years. An 8 hr shift means you've got 16 hrs to get 7-8 hrs of sleep in. You adjust. If you show up to work with little sleep that's on you.

oldngray

nowhere special
Dude I worked nights for years. An 8 hr shift means you've got 16 hrs to get 7-8 hrs of sleep in. You adjust. If you show up to work with little sleep that's on you.
Working nights is no problem unless you convince yourself it is. It just takes a little time to adjust your sleep and you are good to go. Not like constantly going back and forth between days and nights which is a lot worse.

vantexan

Working nights is no problem unless you convince yourself it is. It just takes a little time to adjust your sleep and you are good to go. Not like constantly going back and forth between days and nights which is a lot worse.
I considered taking a job in North Dakota in 2020. Found out they did 12 hr shifts where they did 4 days on days, had 3 days off, then 4 days on nights. Too much for old me.

rickyb

my experience with night shifts is workers rarely got enough sleep so we were breaking the law along with the company. this is your system, not mine