Housing Bubble Caused by Greedy Capitalists?

whose fault is the housing bubble?

• house flippers

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • poor people

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I over paid $20k for my house due to being young and inexperienced, having a bad realtor, and the beginning of the bubble leading to the crash in 2008. We had looked at several houses, all slightly above my price range, and my realtor was pushing me to buy stuff I couldn't afford. Even being young and inexperienced, I knew not to overspend on a house. And even though I paid more than our house was worth, it was still in my budget. If I couldn't find one, we wouldn't have bought a house here.

People nowadays are looking at spending $200,000 more than the houses are worth and probably $300,000 more than they can afford. It starts and ends with the consumers making rational choices. But that does get more difficult when they get advisors who stand to benefit from their bad choices.

newolddude

It blows my mind we didn't learn our lessons after the 2008 housing bubble crash. Especially in places where housing values are out of whack and working class people have nowhere to live.

2 bed, 2 bath 1200 sq ft on a slab with a galley kitchen shouldn't cost $1.7 million.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My local house prices are going up because of AirB&Bs.
Since the Town does not have any regulations governing them, many investors are buying up everything possible.
They fix up the houses and offer them as short term rentals.
Almost none are owner occupied, which is upsetting to others living nearby.
One family is concern because of the 4 house on their short street , 2 are STR and the 3rd house is thinking of doing the same.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It blows my mind we didn't learn our lessons after the 2008 housing bubble crash. Especially in places where housing values are out of whack and working class people have nowhere to live.

2 bed, 2 bath 1200 sq ft on a slab with a galley kitchen shouldn't cost $1.7 million.

It is all location, location and location...bought a house 12 years ago for 179,000, current valued at 280,000. Paying 765 principle and interest, property tax 2,500 a year... 20 miles from a major city.

1800 square foot 4 bedroom, 2 full baths on 3/4 of an acre with a 1500 square garage/studio ...makes that listed California house look like a starter home.

How can people afford a over 9,000 a month mortgage payment... forget about the property taxes and insurance...

I just don’t get it...

rickyb

It is all location, location and location...bought a house 12 years ago for 179,000, current valued at 280,000. Paying 765 principle and interest, property tax 2,500 a year... 20 miles from a major city.

1800 square foot 4 bedroom, 2 full baths on 3/4 of an acre with a 1500 square garage/studio ...makes that listed California house look like a starter home.

How can people afford a over 9,000 a month mortgage payment... forget about the property taxes and insurance...

I just don’t get it...
mom paid 75000 in todays dollars for a big 1 br with a view 10 or so min from dt vancouver back in the day. if she did same thing nowadays it would be 1,000,000 or so.

you can live in middle of nowhere thunder bay, pop 100,000, frequent murder capital of canada, and pay 250,000 for a 1 br. its way less affordable than vancouver was back in the day. the housing prices are based on something illegitimate which is banks lending more and more money.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Because left wingers decided owning a house is a human right.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I just don’t get it...
The neighbors are right on top of you too.

vantexan

how many unoccupied houses and how many homeless?

obama was deporter in chief, biden right of obama, so i kinda doubt that
Already over 3 million have crossed illegally since Biden took office. Most aren't deported. The administration has even flown many to points around the country and given bus tickets to many others. At the rate he's going we may see close to 10 million illegals enter the country during his term.

rickyb

Already over 3 million have crossed illegally since Biden took office. Most aren't deported. The administration has even flown many to points around the country and given bus tickets to many others. At the rate he's going we may see close to 10 million illegals enter the country during his term.
i heard alot of critique of obama from yall, and yet when i looked it up and listened they called him deporter in chief

oldngray

nowhere special
i heard alot of critique of obama from yall, and yet when i looked it up and listened they called him deporter in chief
If you knew anything about it you would know that was just a numbers game where Obama changed how they were calculated.