How amazon paid no taxes

bacha29

Bill Clinton was politically speaking a minority president 6 of the 8 years he was president. Bush was a majority president 6 out of 8 years and Obama was political minority president 6 out of 8 years. Yes, it did happen during the first two years of the Clinton administration but the GOP had plenty of opportunity to correct this matter but chose not to.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Bill Clinton was politically speaking a minority president 6 of the 8 years he was president. Bush was a majority president 6 out of 8 years and Obama was political minority president 6 out of 8 years. Yes, it did happen during the first two years of the Clinton administration but the GOP had plenty of opportunity to correct this matter but chose not to.
Lol why would they?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Nope!!!
Let the Dimwits own this one.

vantexan

Whatever they corrected would have still had to be signed by Clinton.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
republicans are terrible for workers too

anywho amazon got $10+ billion in profits and no taxes. savage rigged capitalist economics.

Capitalism doesn't create our current tax code; corruption does.

Would you support a flat tax, Ricky? Would make this all so much simpler...

oldngray

nowhere special
Amazon lost money (on paper) for years and can carry those losses to offset future gains. Its how the tax codes are written. Nothing unique or unusual about Amazon.

rickyb

Capitalism doesn't create our current tax code; corruption does.

Would you support a flat tax, Ricky? Would make this all so much simpler...
im not sure i dont think so. look up david cay johnston, michael hudson, etc.

i agree with you that im all in favor of a simple and just tax system because the tax system redistributes money which the economy initially distributes inefficiently.

a complicated tax system means people are spending more money on tax accountants and wasting more time trying to do their taxes which is another inefficiency.

rickyb

That’s not what happened here. Read the article.
the people who work in these corporations are rewarded with bonuses based on how much money they can avoid in paying taxes. this example i speak of happened specifically at GE i believe, who owns msnbc so called liberal media.