1. Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here during the next few days. The site is moving to a new server and the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience. ~ cheryl

Dismiss Notice

How bad off am I? Qualification questions

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Pissmissile, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Pissmissile

Pissmissile New Member

For starters I’ve been with UPS since September 2018, started preload then got my opportunity to go part time driving. Long story short I didn’t scratch 5 days straight. On day 28 my manager rode with me and wants to keep me and so does my on road sup. Both have fought to try to keep me so I’m told. District Hr says take me off, head of our state says leave me on. I scratched 3 days, 2 of them being back to back. I don’t recall my averages but I typically wasn’t over by more than half an hour. Can anybody provide a little insight, on what may happen or similar experiences.

2. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

Nobody knows. I've seen guys who have never scratched get passed. Who knows?

3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You may go back to preload or you may not

4. Pissmissile

Pissmissile New Member

I did preload all last week and got called today wanting me to load this week too but my manager says they should be able to put my route in next week. It’s been an incredibly vague process the entire time.

5. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Exactly how they want it

6. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Sometimes I am so grateful for our center. In 30days qualifying I don’t think I ever scratched. Never even got asked about it.

7. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

How many sales leads have you submitted?
    90% of qualifying is sales leads

8. Pissmissile

Pissmissile New Member

That’s what I don’t understand. I’m in a relatively small center, maybe have 2 drivers scratch a day out of 50-60, and then this.

9. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Is that true? Or are you trolling? You guys are making this into a very difficult situation for me...

10. Pissmissile

Pissmissile New Member

Zero. There has also been no talk of importance of sales leads in my center.

11. He is exaggerating a bit but honestly they do want you to get a sales lead to qualify

12. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

Our guys trying to qualify are being told they must have a sales lead.

13. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

That’s tough man. I know we are at there mercy when we are within our 30 days. Even to this day our center doesn’t really care about scratch more about 9.5

14. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

That’s dumb. The training route I qualified on is basically 2 streets and it’s nothing but industrial and bulk. Can’t get a sales lead when all the business there ship with us anyway. Glad I didn’t have to get one. Hell I never got a sales lead period lol

15. Pissmissile

Pissmissile New Member

I’ve got 1 day over 9.5 and it was in my first week. They added 30+ stops that I wasn’t familiar with. Since then I’ve been close almost everyday day

16. They always want more.

17. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

I never knew cover drivers had to scratch either. Figured they get 30 days in and they are good to go. Hell we had a cover driver under 30days rear end 3 cars in front of him and he still qualified. Now that was impressive.

18. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

I got a buddy of mine got a clothing printing store for a sales lead and now they shop 70-100 boxes of shirts lmao he can’t stand it. Says he needs to try and lose that account lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. KoennenTiger

Back when I qualified I was told if I didn't get at least one sales lead I would not qualify.

One of my PU also shipped through FedEx. I got the shipping guys name and phone number by telling him I had to submit this to keep my job. And that the sales lady, which he already knew, would be calling him. He said, "again?"

But hey that was my sales lead.

20. KoennenTiger

I used to get sales leads. Now all it means is my wife can pick some ups gear to give to my kids. I don't bother anymore