How bad off am I? Qualification questions

For starters I’ve been with UPS since September 2018, started preload then got my opportunity to go part time driving. Long story short I didn’t scratch 5 days straight. On day 28 my manager rode with me and wants to keep me and so does my on road sup. Both have fought to try to keep me so I’m told. District Hr says take me off, head of our state says leave me on. I scratched 3 days, 2 of them being back to back. I don’t recall my averages but I typically wasn’t over by more than half an hour. Can anybody provide a little insight, on what may happen or similar experiences.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
For starters I’ve been with UPS since September 2018, started preload then got my opportunity to go part time driving. Long story short I didn’t scratch 5 days straight. On day 28 my manager rode with me and wants to keep me and so does my on road sup. Both have fought to try to keep me so I’m told. District Hr says take me off, head of our state says leave me on. I scratched 3 days, 2 of them being back to back. I don’t recall my averages but I typically wasn’t over by more than half an hour. Can anybody provide a little insight, on what may happen or similar experiences.

You may go back to preload or you may not

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Sometimes I am so grateful for our center. In 30days qualifying I don’t think I ever scratched. Never even got asked about it.

Sometimes I am so grateful for our center. In 30days qualifying I don’t think I ever scratched. Never even got asked about it.

That’s what I don’t understand. I’m in a relatively small center, maybe have 2 drivers scratch a day out of 50-60, and then this.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
That’s what I don’t understand. I’m in a relatively small center, maybe have 2 drivers scratch a day out of 50-60, and then this.
That’s tough man. I know we are at there mercy when we are within our 30 days. Even to this day our center doesn’t really care about scratch more about 9.5

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
He is exaggerating a bit but honestly they do want you to get a sales lead to qualify
That’s dumb. The training route I qualified on is basically 2 streets and it’s nothing but industrial and bulk. Can’t get a sales lead when all the business there ship with us anyway. Glad I didn’t have to get one. Hell I never got a sales lead period lol

That’s tough man. I know we are at there mercy when we are within our 30 days. Even to this day our center doesn’t really care about scratch more about 9.5

I’ve got 1 day over 9.5 and it was in my first week. They added 30+ stops that I wasn’t familiar with. Since then I’ve been close almost everyday day

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I never knew cover drivers had to scratch either. Figured they get 30 days in and they are good to go. Hell we had a cover driver under 30days rear end 3 cars in front of him and he still qualified. Now that was impressive.

KoennenTiger

Back when I qualified I was told if I didn't get at least one sales lead I would not qualify.

One of my PU also shipped through FedEx. I got the shipping guys name and phone number by telling him I had to submit this to keep my job. And that the sales lady, which he already knew, would be calling him. He said, "again?"

But hey that was my sales lead.

KoennenTiger

I got a buddy of mine got a clothing printing store for a sales lead and now they shop 70-100 boxes of shirts lmao he can’t stand it. Says he needs to try and lose that account lol

I used to get sales leads. Now all it means is my wife can pick some ups gear to give to my kids. I don't bother anymore